Next Year - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Next Year

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Here are some sugestions for next year.1 if we keep growing we will have to make it a weekend not just one day, mayby it could go somthing like this 2wd buggy stock and 2wd buggy mod on the saturday, and 4wd , truck and 1/18 on the sunday. We could run the 2wd stock quallifiers then the 2wd mod quallifiers then the mod mains and lastly the stock mains that way you only have to change the motors twice.2 we could also look at running 3 quallifiers and 3 mains instead of just 1 just like IFMAR to decide the winner that way you could have one bad race and still win 1st place overall, it will also give us 6 races insted of only 4. 3 rules lets not make them to hard to enforce, radios i dont think need to be inpounded BUT we need a list of all the drivers , cars and what frequency they are using so that if someone glitches we can quickly look at the list for drivers on or close to that frequency. Vehicles 2wd buggy stock- 3.3lbs , a ROAR stock 27turn motor and no lipo batteries. 2wd buggy mod 3.3lbs, no motor or battery restriction. 4wd 3.55lbs, no motor or battery restriction.. Truck2wd 3.75lbs, no motor or battery restriction. Truck4wd 4lbs no motor or battery restriction and mayby we run all trucks together? 1/18 no restrictions but must be 1/18. These are just some sugestions so please tell me what you all think of them and dont hold back lol.
imported_stewart is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I think all your cars should have to weight 15 lbs... and run with a silver can motor.

Seriously... it is going to be a long winter and I like the idea of updating our "roolz" but only so that it does not become complicated - like battery restrictions and such. For the weight thing ... personally I don't think it's such a big deal, but it could keep some of the drivers happy since they are running some older equipment and by having some weight limits, it helps even the field a little bit.

Either way - I am looking forward to many races outdoors next year... it's going to be an awesome 2007 season.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:08 AM   #3
adam lancia
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Adam Lancia

i think that if the group of racers grows, there are other wayso f running the day faster...for example, take note of how long it takes the marshalls to get out on the track after their times, depending on who it is, it can take almost 10 minutes!!! that's ridiculous. at any major race with 80+ entries, you have 2 minutes after your heat to get back on the track to marshall, period end of story. if you take too long, you get docked a lap. so, say there are 8 heats and it takes 7 minutes to get the marshalls out there, that's 56 minutes per round of qualifying that is dead time. multiply that by 4! almost 2 hours! cut that down to 3 minutes and you save 2 and a half hours...that gives us more time to run triple a-mains....any thoughts? i know this is still primarily fun club racing but i can also see guys getting much more serious next year too and with that comes the expectations of a more serious race program. i know this was the first year and things really went way better than most first year programs that i've seen attempted. i'm really looking forward to another great outdoor season next where i won't be out of town so much and can actually race!
adam lancia is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:26 AM   #4
RCC Contributor

I agree with Adam that sometimes we are delayed waiting for marshalls, but I think in general it's transponder testing and getting the drivers lined up that takes the most time. I remember a lot of "dead time" waiting to marshall a race... I think I waited longer than actually marshalling in most races.

As for splitting the race over a weekend (ie sat. and sun) let me throw this idea out there - how about mod races on one day, and stock races on another?

Quite a few people run both 2wd and 4wd buggies, and to have them on seperate days means we'll have to be there both days if we want to run both.

In addition to that reason, I personally HATE tinkering with my cars inbetween races... that's just me. I know a lot of you are tinker masters who love to change setups all throughout the day, but even charging batteries for me is a pain. So I for one have no interest whatsoever in running a stock class - changing motors and setups is not for me, especially throughout the day. If I want less speed, I adjust my end point throttle.

So again, i'm just throwing that idea out there to see how many others are like me, and would prefer an "open" day where we can bring whatever cars we want and not have to worry about restrictions (ie exactly how it is now)
crUshed420 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
RCC Senior Contributor

They will most likely be run on separate days all together (stock vs 19T or mod), just so no one has to even worry about swapping out their motors on the same day. A list of spec motors would be provided, so you have enough time in advance to pick one up and practice with it.
Mugen MBX6E
Losi 22
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor

Originally Posted by crUshed420
...Quite a few people run both 2wd and 4wd buggies, and to have them on seperate days means we'll have to be there both days if we want to run both...
I run 2wd Truck and 2wd Buggy so it doesn't really matter which way you split it there will be some people comming back 2 days in a row. I really don't mind doing that. Im from out of town i'll just get a hotel and make it a family weekend thing.

Peterborough Monster R/C Club
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
RCC Contributor

Splitting races over a weekend is fine and expected for a big invitational or trophy race. As for a club race its not realistic. You will need to double the number of volunteers that make the race happen. We can't expect the people that man the timing equipment and maintain the track to work both days. As for racers with families its not that difficult to arrange one day at the track, but a weekend, that may be asking a little to much.
If you think you're in control, you're not going fast enough.:GRIN:
imported_BUGNUT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.