General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Total Props: 0
ROAR in Canada

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quoted from -------- ......

Found this on RCTech...

To all Canadian racers, tracks, and Clubs:

It is with great pride and joy that I can now disclose that I am the Roar Canadian National Director. I have been in dialogue with Roar for over a year and Roar has come to the conclusion that Canada's racers do matter and decisions have been made to that direction.

With that being said Canada has now immediately available at least 4 guaranteed slots for any Ifmar World Championship Event if Canada holds a Canadian National championship. This is for Off Road and On Road. There can be an increase of up to a total of 10 guaranteed slots for Ifmar Events for Canada as Roar membership is increased. These extra slots will come by increments as Canadian Roar memberships increase.

Also I would like to take this opportunity to put a non truthful statement about Roar's Liability Insurance to rest once and for all!

The Roar Liability Insurance is good for 100% of all North America. With Roar being a 1/4 member of the Ifmar Block, this is a requirement of Roar for its racers, tracks, to compete at Ifmar World Championship Events. This Roar Liability Insurance is good for all racers, tracks, and Clubs that are Roar members.

I am now taking applications for Roar Regional and Canadian National races for Off road and On road for next spring and summer from interested tracks and Clubs. The 2007 Canadian National races will qualify at least 4 slots to any Canadian racer for 2008 Ifmar World Championship Events.

Application forms for racers, tracks, or Clubs for Roar memberships can be downloaded at

Also if any RC distributors wish to sponsor any of these up coming Canadian Roar races please contact me.

It is my hope that someday in the near future Canada will be able to crown a Ifmar World Champion!

My contact info is:

Don Ropcean
Canadian Roar National Director
msn -

More info can be found here...
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

WWWWWWWWHHHHAAATTTT!!!! I want to go to the worlds!

I wonder where the tracks will be.
Droid is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

i would love to see a canadian in the ifmar worlds!

hopefully this includes NITRO offroad.........ROAR covers all, but i wonder if this is meant for the 'electric' on-road offroad crowd

it would be pretty sweet to see each province hold its provincial championships with a national final every other year
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
Resident complainer

i beleve it covers all major 1/8th offroad and on, 1/10 onroad electric and nitro...2wd buggy, 4wd...stadium...etc........
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:09 AM   #5
RCC Pro Contributor

Don is an awesome guy. couldn't ask for a better rep than him. His club ran the final race of the wcorcs last year. He understands racing and is a super nice guy. I'll join roar just because it's him running it.
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:48 AM   #6
RCC Contributor
I am: Rob Say

This covers everything except the micro classes (which they are working on). This will give the opportunity to Canadians to qualify more easliy for the worlds, rather then having to attend a National event in the US. This also allows the worlds to be held in Canada if a track steps up to the plate.
Action Hobbies Kingsville | TeamAHK | Precision Hobbies | Hobbywing | Spektrum
Support your local hobby shop!
RobS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:07 AM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Talking Awesome Mr.Prinzen

I Knew There Was Someting Special Bout U Mon. All I Can Say Is Awesome,awesome,awesome.Mr.Prinzencool Mon.
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:09 AM   #8
RCC Pro Contributor

Im getting myself a membership... I can't wait to get my kicked by the pros!

Peterborough Monster R/C Club
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
RCC Pro Contributor

i'm not to sure if this will bring amaricans here . it could turn out to b like the prob canada has with golf . we hold bit turnys and most of the pros stay home and make up for the lost points by just winning all there local turnys . the only ppl who come to canada r the ppl lower down on the totom pole .
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #10
Resident complainer

we dont need to have americans come up to the great white north....i think the best thing here is that now there is a chance for canada to win a worlds......or even host one later on in the years to come
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.