Are we going to lose any.... - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2006, 10:25 PM   #11
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Anytime you're RC'ing it's good.

I had fun watching the Nitro races yesterday.

It's which ever one you like tinkering with more. I like electric but I can see why Nitro racers like Nitro.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Well I'm an electric racer at heart, but have been racing nitro the last few years, but now that there is a place to race electric buggies, I'll be racing both for next year, who knows, maybe even more electric than nitro! I personally feel electric is less of a headache than nitro.
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #13
RCC Pro Contributor

Hey guys I had a blast at the Pickering Race.
Nitro all the way for me, just can't get into the electric. I can run my Nitro pretty much as long as I want. Sure the fuel is expensive, but I think it balances out all the batterys you guys have.
One draw back is finding places to bash, especially if it's loud.

It was nice to see all you guys come this far..

See ya next time in the spring..
D.O.R.C. on O.R.R.C
canadiannascar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
Being an electronics technologist, you can guess where I stand on this one. I'm just going with what I know and understand the most about.

That being said, I'm with MGF. A bad day of RC, whether it's electric or nitro, still beats a good day at work!

Whichever you do, make sure you keep it in perspective that it is only a hobby and have fun at it!

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:13 PM   #15
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Not me... too expensive to be competitive in nitro. I'll stick with the EP buggy's.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #16
RCC Apprentice

like duckman said expensive to be competitive from my own experience racing competitive in both you really have to drive and set up electric almost perfectly to win, but with the nitro weight factored in they are a little lazy and much more forgiving alot of people get hooked on the "sound" but believe me it gets old!
imported_soups is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #17
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

just do both its better and yes any rc racing is great
Justin Dasilva
Mugen Seiki
Alpha Plus Engines
Aka Tires
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:42 PM   #18
RCC Contributor

Being into RC for over 40 years, I'm a diehard electric guy. I did the RC plane thing with my dad when I was a kid. I always had a great time with my dad flying, but there was always a good deal of prep before we went out. We had a Frog engine with no glow plug. We had to tighten a screw in the head to raise the compression to start it, yes just like a diesel engine. Once the engine was running we loosened the screw. With electric just throw the stuff in the car and go.

Pickering race was fun even thou I broke my steering for the fourth time this season. The gas was fun to watch. There was a guy driving a green Mugen buggy that really new how to drive. Its a pleasure to watch someone with that kind of skill, skill that I will probably never have. There were a couple of guy's that were really into beating and bashing their nitro trucks. It's fun to watch, but it's something I won't do with my toys.

As for cost, I've seen articles on the web and in mag's where cost is about even. Bottom line its as expensive as you want to make it. If you drive well and don't bash around, fewer parts are broken. If you use40% or higher helicopter fuel instead of the 20 or 25% fuel your going to rebuild or replace your engine every few weeks. Some people have to win regardless of cost. I'm not one of them.

Just have a good and safe time with whatever you have.
If you think you're in control, you're not going fast enough.:GRIN:
imported_BUGNUT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:08 PM   #19
RCC Apprentice

I am a nitro guy, i have only had an electric for a few eeks now just os i can race since there are no offroad tracks for nitro with in a reason for me. It would be nice if could run nitro at sids aswell since i have 5 nitros
Josh222 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 PM   #20
RCC Contributor

Yes it would be nice, but we are to close to houses for that.
If you think you're in control, you're not going fast enough.:GRIN:
imported_BUGNUT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.