Brushless for Anderson/Vendetta availability?? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Brushless for Anderson/Vendetta availability??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've recently found out that my mamba will be no good for a vendetta/anderson buggy due to shaft size and overheating problems.
Does anyone know if brushless motors with 2.3mm shafts are locally available at any hobby shops?
And most importantly, does anyone know if I can taky my Mamba speed controller and use it to power one of these motors?

Examples of motors that will fit:
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

Total Props: 0
the mamba 25 will definately be able to handle any motor you can fit in the vendetta... you're in luck with the motors as well since its the same size motor that fits in the trex 450 size helis... i know that a&j, advance and pinacle carry motors that size... you have to be careful of their kv when choosing motors though... figure out what battery setup you're going to run and choose the motor that will give you the rpm you want... kv x volts = far as shaft size... it really shouldn't matter as you can get pinions to fit any shaft size... granted the bigger the pinion the better as it will be stronger... a good place for some info is probably they've got all in info on the mini's
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
yeah the shaft size is actually the key factor here, as there is some 'uniqueness' to the pitch of the gears, according to 1/ and other sources, which is why they have reccomended this specific shaft size - so that you can stick with the factory pinions and not have a mash issue. the other option is to perform some 18t spur gear mod, which i haven't found all the info on yet.
So i guess my best bet is to phone those three places and ask for motors in my kv range with that specific shaft size.
Thanks for the info!
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:49 AM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Hey Gump, It looks like mamba25a will handle it no prob. Its good to drop a few teeth (1-2 at least) down from stock on the pinion as brushless is capable of so many rpm per volt. It will also help with cooling and cogging issues. Especially with running lipo's. I learned that when I melted my Novak GTB 6.5r in a losi xxxt. My Nemesis with the feigo runs good with 21 teeth @ 14.4v but when I run it @ 22.2v I needed to drop it to 17 teeth, Now I can run it till the cows come home or at least till the batteries are dead. L8rz
ɹǝʌo ʞɔɐq ǝɯ dı1ɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
rdswper is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.