Nitro Engine Consumption !!! - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #31
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Kris Moore told me to send it in to them, as for the Novarossi, I took your advice you told me awhile ago about talking to Fusion, Jim told me to send in the engine. So hopefully I'll have 2 engines ready for next season.
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #32
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

Chewy if you tell me what it's doing and where your carb settings are. Also which plug. I can help you sort it out. A friend of mine had the US dist. help him. We can get it worked out. I know he likes his a lot. He was having some trouble as well.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #33
Resident complainer

i think i am in love with OS....just got my RG back today....a week and a half after sending it back....brand new engine no questions asked, and no fees......i'm an OS'er for life!
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #34
RCC Contributor
I am: Eric Meola
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Well i never killed any engines but listen to what happened.

i took a drive north, and played with my LST with a mach 427 on sand right, i took flips jumps whatever so then it times to pack it in, i lay it in the truck and its pitch black, and i realize my AIR FILTER IS MISSING i said OMG OMG OMG, and the carb was full of ALOT of sand, and u turn the flywheel and it was a sandy, i was like this . So the whole ride home my dad says im sure its alright, and this engine is brand spankin new just did break in. So i get home take it apart, rinse every little part in the sink, and wow there was alot of sand, but the piston and sleeve and everything wasnt scratched, the sleeeve and piston looks like brand new still, not a single scratch, but the crank was all screwy, so i re rinsed it in the sink and still bad, so i spray some nitro, oil etc, gets better but not perfect, and i dipped my carb in a bowl of nitro fuel. then took it out inspect, redip at diferent throttle location, then i sprayed it will break away lubricant, then reassembled everything, all nice and clean, and lubricated and shiny, but still grindy when i turned the flywheel, and i said, im gona start it who cares. But first i cleaned my air filter (found it under a pile off sand i ran over 10 times probably lol) and the tube. So then i went to bolt the engine on, and i get the roto and glow ignitor and continued to pray, then VRMMM!!!! she started ruff for a second then as it idled for 5 mins sounded pitch perfect, YAY!! then i floored it, wheelied everything was good awsome!! wow!! but my neighbours looked pretty angry it was like 11:10PM lol.

But what is amazing is the fact that i drove for however long like that and it ran so great! and there was a crap load of sand in the engine might i add. And the other great thing is the compression did NOT DIFFER still felt like after break in, YAY, just thought i might share my story, and who says to torture ur engine put sand through it, definitly not me.

But i think the sand ported and polished the engine
Go subaru!
ericem is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.