1/8th buggies out there for 07 season - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #21
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just get one of each
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #22
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

Originally Posted by POWLING
i know that Kyosho's are durable.....i donno, i havent made my mind up yet about what i want to get......there are so many god dam buggies out there these days, haha

get the mugen

with abee and john to help your setup your laughing!
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #23
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

If you get the Losi 8 here is some info.
Adam Drake Wed Oct 11 17:33:21 2006:
Spring chart:
Silver .040 wire with 30 degree angle
Gold .040 wire with 25 degree angle
Black .036 wire with 30 degree angle
Green .036 wire with 25 degree angle.

Make sure you scotch bright the inside of the clutch bell if you are running 2 plastic and 2 alum shoes. Also use motor spray to clean the inner clutch bearing. The 13 tooth clutch bell will help with clutch wear, but you may also want try running the following spring / shoe set-up.
2 plastics shoes with 2 black springs.
2 alum. shoes with 2 gold springs.
If the clutch is slipping make sure you stop running the buggy and go to lighter springs before you damage the clutch shoes.

If you get a Kyosho use machine screws to hold the bulkheads and center diff housings to chassis. I used some from a Mugen kit I had years ago. It kept the dirt out of the bulkheads. A little grease under the bulkheads is a suggestion as well. The car is really good.

When building Mugen diffs use Mugen Super Grease on the diff outdrive O-rings. The car in really good. Start with Tyler Vik's or Scott Hugh's set-up. i beleive they are working on new springs to go with the new shocks. Although the current springs work fine. I have a set-up as well that someone else posted that is really good as well.

A friend of mine has a Hyper 8 and says it really good. I know how you feel about OFNA though. I believe there is a new chassis for it as well. I think it may be a option part. I don't know the difference in it though. I havn't looked into it yet.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #24
Resident complainer

thanks for the info MM
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #25
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

best part about racing is having a group of guys that have the same buggy and sharring setup, info, parts etc etc etc... all the buggy's you mentioned are good... i've driven them all (except the wc and m1) and they all handle diffrent... some are easier to drive than others but they are all very capable... if i was you i would just get the one that turns my crank the most... in the end it YOUR buggy and only you have to like it... i love the way the m1 looks and if someone around here is going to stock parts for it that would be the one i would drive next year... doesn't matter if it costs a million dollars or drives like a bus... i like it
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #26
Resident complainer

hahaha abiye

i agree with the TM....i want one and its the one i like the most out of any buggy out there. but i dont want to have to wait 2 weeks for parts, or whatever. i think your personality is rubbing off on me a bit abiye, i have been starting to think i should just get the TM no matter what the price tag is......haha
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #27
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
1/8 scale buggies

I myself looking at the Kyosho 777WC, Cen Matrix pro, Mugen MBX5R,Xray XB8TQ for next yr. I need to get back into it before i go insane.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #28
All The Way
RCC Contributor
I am: AM

At the RC Pro Series finals the 8ight to other brands was around 3 to 1
I love the way it handles, I hated my mugen.... it wouldn't turn for squat
I can put my 8ight where ever I want
2012 WNYORR Points Champion: Stock Truck
All The Way is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #29
The real deal behind the wheel

well i had to change my rear toe to get the backend to come around a bit(had too much rear toe)...BUT when i clamp it it goes straight on power same with gareth just like the others have said and ive seen others that are clamped to the track also.... i like the looks of the eight but i still wouldnt give up my XB8TQ for ANYTHING even if i wasnt in the position i was in...plus the amount of xrays floating around the tracks now and parts support its a dialed buggy all the way around....my engine ran great my car handled great my servos gave me some grief and my luck just wasnt anything to be desired so i let gareth take over lol....he did a bang up job last year his car looked locked all the time...

it really matters how you set your car up the comment about the Losi car being loose is the same as the Xray being loose its all in the setup

get the car you like like abbyie said you gotta like the car its an investment happy picking!

endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #30
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

steve... the snow started flying what? 3 weeks ago? y the hell u worried about r/c when its boarding season?!?!?!?!?!?! lol

myself... i think they r all great... i wouldt spend the $$$ tho i would buy an older roller but thats me... hell... grab up dave's yosh buggy and go man!
Old Beater Sable
ayk_driver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.