General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #1
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

Total Props: 0
not getting full charge

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
my packs never seem to charge to their full potential. i use a duratrax ice and every pack i charged on it never reached the full capacity, usually about 400mah away from it. i charged some old packs and thought it was just their age but i have a new pack and it doesnt get full charge either. i cycled it and still dont get the capacity. resistance is low on this new pack. so are my settings wrong? i use 5 peak sensitivity and discharge to .8 volts. the graph shows that the voltage is dropping at the peak capacity so i know its not false peaking. anyone got any suggestions? or possibly could share their ice settings, its a 3700mah battery.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: David L

Total Props: 0
I've gone through this one with enough people enough times.. But I'll do it again!... Anyways, the "mah" that your charger tells you that went into your pack does NOT reflect the actual capacity of the pack! Thats just how many mah left your charger during the charge process! A few things that can affect this number; residual charge in the battery, and the energy lost in the charge process (typically the heat dissapated). One simple thing to do is to set your peak detect mv higher or lower and you will see a change in the mah during charge! Higher mv makes it looks like more mah into a battery but you only wasted more energy creating more heat.

Real mah should be determined in the discharge cycle. That is; how much can you take out of the battery! Imagine you take a pitcher of water and poured it into a glass. you can spill as much water as you want. But whats important is how much water you can pour out of the glass afterwards! I can't say your 3700's will hold 3700 but thats the number you should be looking at. When I put good cells on a turbo35, I get very close numbers as the capacity on the discharge cycle. Anyhow, your best test is on the track!..
#1 ranked offroadrc badminton player
TEM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.