rctv 2007 show idea's - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #31
Resident complainer

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i like watching the show, only one thing kinda bugs me and its a little bit of the "over acting"...just seems like ya guys are trying too hard sometimes....just sayin is all
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #32
RCC Pro Contributor

Originally Posted by Faroh of RCTV
we are lucky that we are on the air at all lets be happy with what we have.

Nik Rak
Yes we are lucky & we do appreciate it, 1000 times better then what else is out there,,,, thank you..
Just critisizing a little, hope you don't mind......
D.O.R.C. on O.R.R.C http://www.offroadrc.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=152
canadiannascar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #33
Faroh of RCTV
RCC Apprentice

well talking about to guy's in so you wanna race segment,they are not acting ,you don't know them they are just two average guy's learning about rc racing just like you did once upon a time,they try to have as much fun as is possible,but some times things break down and go wrong,I know that everyone has had those day's espieicaly when your filming in one day at a race and your under pressure to talk while your racing and preparing your truggy and having a camera in your face all day it's as easy as it sounds.

Faroh of RCTV is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #34
RCC Master Contributor

not sure if it has been mentioned but it would be awesome to see more bashing, like if everyone got together for a bash fest so they can see that aspect of the hobby as well
Lunchbox (mamba max 5700)
rc18t (mamba,3s lipo)
trex 450s CF
imported_Taylor is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #35
Faroh of RCTV
RCC Apprentice

Unhappy Rctv

Sorry for the improper spelling of especially,I was typing to fast

Faroh of RCTV is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #36
RCC Expert Contributor

yep, i think putting in some reality is good, so other people thinking of getting into the hobby can see how involved it gets... its not all "buy and win", you gotta work for it. its kinda like a cushon, so somebody doesnt get into the hobby, and see they have to deal with breaking/tuning and all that. It will be like hitting a brick wall, like "what did i get myself into".
On the side, i thaught it was funny as heck when i baught Pauls troublesome RS4 3 off of him before i knew it was on TV, and all i did to it was cleaned it and ran it. , there was absolutely nothing wrong with it (other then the odd looking LOOOOOONG antenna, lol)
theres a pic if you wanna see what it looks like now (the blue one)
imported_gremlin_390 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #37
RCC Pro Contributor

The "so you wanna race guys" didn`t seem to complain and freak out as much today, so thats a good thing especially if potential rcers are watching.

Funny how the Jet, Heli, boat and plane guys seem more "mature" at times then us car guys ? Maybe thats why I don`t fly yet ?

Lets have more "off the wall" rcers...... like me ! I also know someone that may have one of the worlds largest r/c Pitts model collections.

The characters in the hobby should have a segment.

Even if nothing changes, as long as it stays "On The Air" !!!! It`s Great !

Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #38
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
The "Characters"

Originally Posted by JordanAK

The characters in the hobby should have a segment.

Even if nothing changes, as long as it stays "On The Air" !!!! It`s Great !
Hi Nik,

The above post has prompted me chip in. After watching last week's segment 9-2 on Bob Paine's steam powered boat, I was taken his love for the hobby.

His enthusiastic "Oh God yes!!!" comment (when asked about his scratch-built engine) illustrated his pride in workmanship and was just a moment of what could be a great topic for future episodes.

Perhaps some content on "why I got into the hobby" and "what keeps me in it" could be considered.

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #39
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jun
Radio of choice:
Fly Sky GT3B and TH9X
# of RCs: 22

Hey guys!!! My group the Asphalt Bashers is having our 3rd year anniversary at the Brick lot on Hi way 7 just East of Yonge St.

That's right, you heard right. I started running on the Silver City lot a while back ALONE and moved over to the BRICK's lot. The group has had many face changes and is consistently growing. Our anniversary date is June 25th. There is no membership fee and WE AIM TO EDUCATE!

Come one come all and become an Asphalt Basher. We are there Monday and Wednesday nights throughout the year rain or snow. On bad weather nights when you cant find us, check us out at Timmies across the Home Depot lot where we chat about obviously R/C.

All I ask is that you check in with me first, run with a fail safe and keep the parking lot clean and leave by 9PM on bash nights. Never run there any other day. I have strived hard for us to keeps us there. Hence, the 3rd anniversay. I dont know what I have planned yet for contest categories, prizes, and raffles, but perhaps RCTV can help in that area.

Newbies in the hobby, no worry I and the others will gladly educate you to get you running or even choose your first model.
I am on the 13th year of my 2nd childhood and I REFUSE TO GROW-UP!
imported_VIPER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #40
RCC Junior Contributor

the idea of setting a date for abunch of bashers to get together and bash thier trucks would be awesome.. big ramps and all that stuff

the turnout would be pretty big i bet if its well planned out. Get some sweet footage aswell
revo 3.3/picco .26max/resonator/foc/tekno wing mount/proline 1/8 wing/3.3 crowd pleaser/ rpm a arms front and rear/40 series bowties on 23mm Cheyenne Chrome Wheels/ hitec 645ms single steer/futaba S3010 throttle
imported_cliff is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.