January 6th 2007 Trophy Race Pictures & Videos - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #11
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
thanks for the great day, and great videos
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #12
John Bakker
I am: JB

18SS ,perhaps if you came to the track and tried running on it...you might change your tune .Infact if you come out I will personally cover your race fee's .
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #13
RCC Expert Contributor

really, if your on the track by your self, its not that hard, but the hard part is when you get 4 other guys on it, all fighting for the same line, and all basically going the same speed, it really makes you work the traffic, and you have to be able to stay clean like was said, or you loose a lot of time, perfect example of that was the truck A main, i was almost a lap up on Martin at one point, but then had a bunch of trouble with lap traffic, and he ended up catching back up and passing me,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Just wanted to send a bigh thanks out to the guys whoi got me squared away with the motor bidness - Abiye, the lathe-man, Martin for providing it and Joe for handing over a freshly turned motor, which I shall buy!
Anyone who thinks this track is too small or rinky-dink to be competitive had better come out and hand someone's to them before they can make such a comment. You have to run mistake free, or you're down anywhere from one to 5 laps. Running mistake free on a crowded track consistantly enough to win is TOUGH!.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #15
RCC Pro Contributor

hey everyone i just wana say i had fun while i was there for a hour or so . i cant belive i blew my esc . anyways thx to abiye for lending me a pinion and to mgf for showing me the way there . and thx to the guys who made the track i cant wait till next time i come . maybe i can do more then 1 quailfier and leave with some hardware . $20 for 1 17 lap quai thats more then a dollor a lap , i need to work on the reliability of my cars lol . but next time for sure i will have to come and put the smack down on jay the girlfriend eyeballer .
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #16
RCC Pro Contributor

I had a good time just hanging with the guys and seeing some damn good racing ! I didn`t race but came just for this reason and to do some marshalling and gettin in the way !

Funny thing, the micros don`t hurt that much when ya catch one in the noggin ! Sorry for slowing up your lap Gump !

Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #17
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

believe me the track is not that easy... to be fast lap after lap is very hard... you've got to have 100% concentration and be aware of whats happening ahead and behind you to stay clear of any trouble and pick your way through... you have to be very careful in traffic as well...
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #18
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Brent g

I don't want to continue to beat up the topic that 18SS has brought up but he is entitled to his opinion even if he has not run the track. I can't find his post but if he says it is a simple and easy track then that is his opinion. I don't want to bash what he has said because everyone else has done a great job of doing it. The track is an indoor track and when Matt had this great idea of making an indoor offroad track he gave everyone the opportunity to do something that would be almost impossible to do. It gave everyone, including myself the opportunity to drive about 1 hour to race offroad indoors. From the looks of the post it looks like there are alot of other people who recognize this as well. Let 18SS have his opinion and say whatever he wants because at the end of the racing I had a great time and there was a great and positive group of guys racing. I had fun and that is what it's all about.
Thanks again to everyone who made it out to the race and I hope everyone will be out again. And for the people who have not had the chance to race, I would suggest you try it before you say you don't like it.
BGG is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
RCC Senior Contributor

Thanks to everyone who made it happen, Matt, Brent, Chewy, MGF and Sherry (Cannot forget that Roast beef, and the other dinners/ lunches she delivers)
I had a blast!!!!, Can't wait for next time!!

Personnally I like the small track because it is tight and technical. I believe this can only increase anybodies driving ability. just think... next summer when the outdoor tracks open how much better of a driver we all might be.
Associated SC10
Durango DESC410R
Mugen ECO
imported_Sparkie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #20
"F" Main

good time

Great time on saturday, tight racing the entire 2wd A-main field covered by five seconds. Chuck Balzer TQ's first time at the track (impressive)!!! These short bull rings are all about working the traffic. Could it possibly be anymore fun!! I think not. We all know we are going to get hung up in traffic at some point in the race, but you have to take it in stride. Very low tension level. Great group of guys to race with.

Martin P.
mpetre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.