what got you started in RC? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2007, 10:14 PM   #21
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
a wired radio shack toy with forward and reverse+right
jaysan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:58 AM   #22
RCC Junior Contributor

It's about 2 years ago with my crono.
4youdrive is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #23
RCC Pro Contributor

I started back in '91 I was 10 and my Nana bought my first Hobby Grade R/C. It was a Kyosho Raider Pro. I still have it. I used it for a while and when the T3 first came out I just had to have it. I bought the top kit at the time which was the Team kit. FT didn't exist yet. I ran the T3 until this year when I really started to branch off. I got a XXXBK1 which I traded for a FT B4. I traded my T3 for a TC3. Then I bought a XXX-4 which I have traded now for a Hellfire. Then I bought a Mini-T and a T4. Also I acquired a Kyosho Rocky. Now that your confused just look at my signature for what I currently have.

Peterborough Monster R/C Club
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #24
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I think it musta been aroun 1984 that I saw some offroad RC racing at the toronto hobby show.It was a couple years later when I was out of school and working that I went out and bought a new Hornet and all the gear to go with it.I can still remember looking at the RC10 on the shelf and sayin who would spend that much on just a rolling chassis LOL.I played around with it for a few months just on the street and found out about a few guys that built a small track not far from me.My next purchase was a Hotshot.About a year or so after that I found out about GP Speedway in Brampton.I then realized why people would spend so much on an RC10!!So 20 years later now I am still goin.Took a few breaks from it now and then,the last one being about 4 years long.I am looking forward to another summer of racing.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #25
RCC Master Contributor

It was a girl I was dating years ago
Her father had a basement full of airplanes.....I don't think I need to say much more.
Bdegan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #26
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
Originally Posted by Bdegan
It was a girl I was dating years ago
Her father had a basement full of airplanes.....I don't think I need to say much more.
I bet you still keep in touch with the dad but not the old girlfriend, LOL!

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #27
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

What got me into the rc hobby is that my cuzin has got a traxxas tmaxx(.15 version). when i saw that i had to get one(i was 14 at the time). Unfortionally i couldn't do to the finacial issues and back in the day it's was very expensive. my cuzin spent a grand on that tmaxx. When i got my job my first rc in this hobby i got was the Tamiya Subaru QD(still have it) and i really liked it(untill i fried the board putting in a 370p motor from venom. after that it was when i got a 4 tec. and a year later damm i went through at least 20 rc's.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:18 AM   #28
RCC Junior Contributor

First truck I got was a tamiya mudblaster back in about 1990, had that for a couple a years playing with it on and off got out sometime in 93 then in december of 94 wanted and got a new truck for christmas a kyosho raider. 97 got my first onroad with a HPI RS4 pro from there started getting more cars and trucks. Then a couple year ago found out a hobby shop opened in my area (Zoomroom) and its got insane from there.
DanR is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #29
RCC Noob

RattleSnake Fever

I too started my rc problem years ago (now I sound old) at Rattlesnake Speedway across from the SOSA Gliding Club in Rockton Ontario. My parents were members of the gliding club (my dad is multiple time Canadian Champion). My dad also flew gliders. I had a Gentle Lady and read the RC Modeller Magazine which was advertising the Gold Tub RC10's. I needed one very badly....but settled for buying Sam's Yokomo YZ10 Dogfighter instead. I pulled my radio equipment from the glider and put it in my Yokomo for the first season blowing servo gear every time I went out....RC10 cam next season when I met Ron Prizen and became good friends with him...and still. He and I still raz each other and taunt each other on to this day. Ron if you're readiing. I'm gonna kick yer ** this year!
Pokey72 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #30
RCC Contributor

Thanksgiving Dinner with my family, my cousin brought an RS4 2 and a Losi nitro stadium truck. He let me drive them. There was no going back. Got a Nitro RS4 2 kit version with the 911 GT3 body which I never painted.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.