Anyone For Vintage Racing this Summer? - Page 24 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #231
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
"in RC since... what was I talking about again?"

Come on now James, you know the only reason that you're not happy about longer mains is because you're memory is shot!!! (Just kidding, LOL!!!)

My opinion is that longer mains are a good idea as they will benefit the consistant driver, minimizing the effect of that one time-robbing bobble.

Besides, the battery and brushless motor technology is here now, let's take advantage of it.

Longer run-time = more FUN !!!

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #232
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Keep in mind that this is a Vintage car related thread and the vintage race length will NOT be 10 mins. Those cars were never designed for that type of use.

With regard to late model cars (b4, XXX-XR, RB5, etc...) bring on the longer mains!!!! We spend all this time preparing our cars, painting bodies, gluing tires, acquiring spare parts, etc... for only 5 minutes of racing.
Now that the technology (Brushless + LiPo) supports longer races, let spend more time on the drivers stand and have longer races. I can't wait.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #233
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John Summach

I don't think I'd want to race a 30 or 45 minute race like the Nitro guys do but I think 5 minutes is too short. I can't wait to do a 10 minute race!
Great Hobbies - Team Durango

"Almost Live Race Coverage":

"Finding Your Dream Home"
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #234
RCC Contributor

SO, back to the thread.. if there is enough interest, I am into a vintage event.. It would seem from last year that vintage class is too much to hope for.. but maybe we could organize 1 or 2 dates to include and people can plan.
James aka Bikerbob
2wd - Kyosho RB5sp
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!! RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #235
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

A vintage race would be fun, but unfortunately I don't think it will work out, the are only a few people willing to commit to it, which makes it hard to get them all together at one event. But I'll be out practicing with one evrytime I come out.
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #236
adam lancia
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Adam Lancia

I've got the cars (Ultima Pro, Tekin RC10T, Kyosho Lazer) to race but I'm not sure I'll have the time.
adam lancia is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #237
RCC Contributor
I am: David Mandl

If anyone really wants to try vintage racing then ebay is the best place to start. RC10s are very common and still not as expensive as say a Kyosho Scorpion. I've bought several RC10s and most just need a little time to get running correctly again. You can still buy RC10 parts from Ebay all the time and Tower and other online stores can fill in the blanks. Even Burlington Skycraft Hobbies has a good selection of older AE parts.

Just as an aside the RC10s went to a 3/16 rear axle at the B2 and newer from the 1/4 axle from the gold and graphite models. Rear rims were 2.0 inch for the old rc10s which is a problem for new rubber. However you can convert the rear axles to the 3/16 and then you can run the newer 2.2 rims and rubber. Or you can shop around and try to find the 1/4inch axle rims that are 2.2 part number #6805. They are hard to find though.

Vintage racing and model building and collecting is not the same as running todays cars. The fun is trying to get the old cars running well and shopping around for hard to find parts and hop-ups. Its expensive but at the same time almost more fun when you can get a 20 yr old car to run well...

I hope to see a few out this summer to race or practice...
2006 RC10B4
2006 RC10T4 FactoryTeam
1989 RC10 Graphite
1984 RC10 OldGold
Tekin RC10MidEngineConversion

Spektrum DX3
Mamba 4600 system
MaxAmps 5000
Sphere Competition ESC
Novak 7.5 L
Yuntong 5000
imported_superfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:16 AM   #238
RCC Senior Contributor

late at night I have been sick so I had alot of time on my hands, I put together my old lazer zx with old a#% electronics and old yokomo motor. and she runs whooooweee what a blast from the past. I no longer have my collection of bodies with me as they are at my parents house half way around the world lol, but i did have an old toyota celica body and i mounted her up, it actually looks pretty problem is I am using yokomo adaptors and rims/rubber and my rears are bald, fronts still have good life. anyone know what current tires might fit. If i am remembering correctly these rims were larger than roar would sanction at the time, but they later went to that size anyway. here are some pics of some of my vintage stuff and one of the frankensten rc's i have
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3202.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	170475   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3203.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	170476   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3204.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	170477   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3205.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	170478  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3206.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	170479  
imported_JROD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #239
RCC Supreme Contributor

I have read through some of the post and you guys think those cars are Vintage, Ha I am really showing my age as I have my old Kyosho Rowdy Baja 2WD Gas 1/8 scale from 1978 Now this is "Old School"
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #240
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I have read through some of the post and you guys think those cars are Vintage, Ha I am really showing my age as I have my old Kyosho Rowdy Baja 2WD Gas 1/8 scale from 1978 Now this is "Old School"
Thats not old SCHOOL,thats old AGE HOME!!!:GRIN:
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.