i just got the cops called on me lmfao - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2007, 08:40 AM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
yah, to each their own - I'm just saying from experience... get used to people yelling if you're gonna run nitro in public areas.
crUshed420 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:45 AM   #12
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: mark j.

people always yell at me when i drive my savage. but there saying stuff like (pop a wheelie) or (is that gas?)
thats not easy!!! lol dom and evan

SAVAGE X eats revos and craps tmaxx's

the teeny tiny micro t

POSPS engineering --~-- lol dom.vroom gargle vroom bang its a bird,its a plane. its a piston
dracohowe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #13
RCC Pro Contributor

i am glad i bought the e-maxx gives me my monster truck fix and all my neighbours like me again lol +i can do wheelies to
Wizard is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #14
RCC Master Contributor

i dont ever want you too stop having fun with your rc ..
just that you posted on here at 9 am .. so you were probly ripping around at 8 am . i just said be respectfull and think about the time in the morning
72 Capricorn Cat With Twins
58 ForaBuck Cat mod zen
cyclop is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #15
RCC Expert Contributor

if they say they'll phone the police,take off your pipe and make it worth it.if your at a school whats the problem?arent there screaming children there 5 days a week?
Wizzle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:06 AM   #16
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

when i had my savage they was always this one lady that would always come out and yell at me for running it. I was runnin it at ike 12.00 and she still was yelling at me so i just took it down to the park. But i just dont see wut the problem is with these ppl. i cant even skateoard outside my house at 8pm without some one saying there going to call the police on me
Justin Dasilva
Mugen Seiki
Alpha Plus Engines
Aka Tires
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #17
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

Originally Posted by Wizzle
if they say they'll phone the police,take off your pipe and make it worth it.if your at a school whats the problem?arent there screaming children there 5 days a week?
true say wizzle matter of fact i run my nitro rc on a quiet area at noon and sometimes evening, and don't get complains matter of fact i get spectators and put on a show lol. i accutally got one and it was some old lady (you know them old folks) and she said they should be band and i acctually got a compliment saying that it's good what i am doin and keeps me outta trouble and more kids should be doing this more. i run at my school yard, no problems since it's a big open space.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #18
RCC Contributor

realistically if it's not a really early time in the morning I would just ignore them. nitro RC is about as loud as a lawnmower actually it's probably quieter. if it's 12:00 like in one case then if they phone the cops then not a whole lot cops can do cause it's not loud enough to break noise laws and the cop will probably look at it and say that it's 12:00 so there really isn't a reason for many people to be disturbed and the other thing is people I know will close their windows and turn on the heat/ac or w/e when it's loud outside they may see lawnmowers as necessary and tolerate it then when they see some kid having fun they ** and whine. I'd just run it at a reasonable hour if they still complain but are doing as dracohowe says and asking him to do stunts and stuff then why complain if you put on a nice show and show them that RC's are just an entertainment form like video games or movies if anything they are better than those 2 because they force you to think on the fly about where you're going to go next in terms of jumps or wheelies or whatever and hey you're outside in the fresh air. just be respectful and don't run it at 8:00am or something and then if they still whine then they are just hypersensitive period
TTR S3 with OS21RG and lots of bling
Venom micro resue heli
all parts by Rad Toyz RC Hobby Shop
^^ my feedback (please post all feedback there)
imported_MT2_18SS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #19
Art Vandelay
RCC Senior Contributor

maybe if we keep seeing black eyes to the hobby, we'll have more R/C specific by-laws posted on the municipal books?

you might not want to be respectful of your neighbors expectations, but hopefully everyone's R/C hobby won't end up getting gated in due to people offering up the same reaction to their neighbor's communicated requests.
AE RC10B4 - JConcepts BJ4WE
Art Vandelay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:39 AM   #20
RCC Expert Contributor

I try to stay away from Residential areas to run my trucks. I've never had anyone complain because I rarely see anyone else

don't run them up and down the streets in front of or beside peoples houses or apartment buildings i'd be asking you to stop or go somewhere else if it were out in front of my house..no matter what time it is. People work all kinds of differant shifts and sleep differant times.
whether its louder than a lawnmower is debateable I know my OS .18 absolutley screams when I'm on the throttle hard.....

as far as the rule: If people are complaining the police will send an officer to check it out...If that officer is a good popo he will kindly ask you to go somewhere else to run it....If you refuse he may right you a ticket.......

someone already said it...Be respectfull, courteous and sensible and you will never have a problem..
after all we want people to respect our right to participate in this hobby so we have to respect their right to not.....and by running your nitro BB engine beside their apartment you are forcing them to participate by having to listen to it.....I know what a BB sounds like and its loud...
Penny Racer with Air brakes(only one in Canada)
Paris Junction Hobbies/Morgan Fuels/Ebay
Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool
imported_RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.