newbie racer - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
newbie racer

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just purchased a xxx-4 and up to this point have only been a parking lot basher but would love to try my hand at racing once or twice

I keep hearing about sids raceway but looks like there 4wd buggy class is open and for a newb honestly that seems kind of intimidating

Is there anywhere that has a 4wd limited class and or can anyone recommend what would be considered a competitive setup for the open class

thanks in advance
I don't keep track of my rc's anymore its like admitting an addiction
imported_00nothing is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Dont worry about bein intimidated by open class at Sids.The guys there are really great and helpfull and the facilities are top notch.I think its the perfect place for a newbie to go to learn.I wouldnt be to worried about setup and what equiptment you have right off the bat.If you are just starting out in racing you dont want to have the car set up to go like a rocket,that just means you will crash harder and break more Sids you are goin to find a broad range of skill levels,from newbies to seasoned racers.I would definately recommend you come and try it out.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

ya for sure dont worry there is everythign from first time drivers to 20 year vets . but being the beggining of the season almost every one is rusty anyways . the last race i went to i was 3rd or 4th from last and i still had a blast .
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor

hey 00nothing we should go in the same class i am getting the xx4 we should race togethere i am lookin to going for my first time at sids with my rc18 and xx4

but it does get your heart pumpen when you first start eh?

but i think i rather do eletric then nitro racen at least you dont have to tune your motor

we should meet up at sids man
imported_offroaders is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
Art Vandelay
RCC Senior Contributor

I haven't raced since 1988/1989, so don't sweat the idea of racing.

Hopefully as more people show up and turn out, maybe the track-team will consider a stock-class for 4wd and 2wd.
AE RC10B4 - JConcepts BJ4WE
Art Vandelay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #6
RCC Senior Contributor

it has been about 15 years off for me racing electric and this is my first year back into it i am also a little nervous too but with some practice you will get the hang of it, this is my first year at sids and am really looking forward to it
Team Durango DNX408T E
Tekin 2250 T8
Spektrum DX3R PRO
imported_lstmuggy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:22 AM   #7
RCC Apprentice

I have never raced offroad before and I'll be going to Sid's this year too. I don't really mind if I'm last place in z-main during my first season lol, I'm just going for the fun experience
Team Associated RC10B4
Team Associated RC18MT
Team Associated RC10NTC3
Team Associated RC10TC3
jaysan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
RCC Pro Contributor

I can appreciate being nervous as a new racer. 2006 was my first time on a track with organized racing.

I first started with EPROT (good times) grass roots racing in public parks in the GTA.

Then once Sid's Raceway opened I got a chance to experience an organized, permanent RC track.

Countless people were VERY helpful and I am VERY grateful to all of them.

Don't sweat it. I would suggest coming out on a practice day and I or others will be glad to help bring you up to speed.

Introduce yourself to the organizers (the hard workers) at the track and they will provide all the guidance you will need.

The main goal at Sid's is for everyone to have a good time.

Sid's Raceway Committee Member
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John Summach

Yeah, just run what ya brung. We'll be glad to help you out with set up etc.
Great Hobbies - Team Durango

"Almost Live Race Coverage":

"Finding Your Dream Home"
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #10
RCC Noob

yo i am up in richmodn hil and saw you guys at random in a parking lot and only most recently bought myself what is knwon as a truggy its the tmx 5.2r i don't what you guys mights say i love it but then again i thought i loved the girl i lost my virginity to but thats another story anyways if soemone could tell me where if any schedules or specific forum exist for these meets i would love to know, tx
jenuinstylesrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.