what is this? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2007, 05:27 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
probably the wrong place to put this, but what ever happened to the track at drive in 9 in oakville. last i heard it was being built then nothing...
Olde_Tyme_Racer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #12
RCC Contributor

You mean "The 5 drive-in" last I heard they changed their minds. You know I'm sooooo bloody sick of nitro guys coming on here and whining about our track being Electric only, meanwhile there are what 4-5 awesome Nitro tracks out there what more do you guys want???????? You think because you can run a nitro car you are a Pro??? Far from it nowadays RTR's and easy to tune motors have taken the prestige away from the Nitro Class, besides electric has made leaps and bounds....Brushless, Lipo, Higher MAH batteries...with the right setup we could run 30 min mains..strap a pack in and go...all on one pack, no refuels or flame outs LOL..So I would have to say Electric is defiantly the way to go in todays scene.
imported_DV8ion is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
RCC Contributor

Good call DV8ion... The nito guys think that they are king of the mountain when it comes to RC racing cause they have the so called muscle machines. I think some of these nitro guys should stop inhaling the fumes cause they talk non-sense half the time. I own a savage its a cool machine but I find its way too much matienance hungary for me. Thinkin of selling mine this spring.

Sids raceway is just a stones throw away from me so why not run electric. Besides it's the only local track in the GTA other then Hardcore out in flamburough.

Team Associated SC10 - Orion Vortex 10.5
Savage-guy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:42 PM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor

The past 20 years I've ran it all. Now I have my 1/6 gasser and Anderson. I bought the Anderson just so I can go to Sid's since it a quick drive for me.

We are very lucky to have a track in Mississauga, with the setup and hours they have!
Elcon Cleon w/air brakes
imported_SELWA is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #15
RCC Master Contributor

Originally Posted by SELWA

We are very lucky to have a track in Mississauga, with the setup and hours they have!

I will second that
Bdegan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #16
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
Nitro vs Electric:

All I can say is whatever floats your boat......it's all good.

After spending the weekend in Tillsonburg I can pretty safely say that Nitro's not for me, but if it works for you, go for it!

As far as the Nitro at Sid's thing:

This subject has been discussed to death. Suffice to say, stay away from the place with your Nitro gear lest you spoil the good thing that the electric guys have going.

I encourage and challenge you Nitro guys to get yourselves organized and replicate the sucess that the electric guys have had with Sids.

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #17
Resident complainer

well someone stated in this thread that electric is the in thing right now. i beg to differ, its just the in thing in the Sids part of this site...which a lot of you electric guys dont seem to stray too far from
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #18
RCC Pro Contributor

Originally Posted by Olde_Tyme_Racer
am I reading your site right? it is electric only? and no 1/8 scale buggies? who would of thought an outdoor off-road track just 10mins at most down the road from me and they dont run nitro....
Come on guys let's not argue amongst ourselves!

Yes the closest track to your house (Olde_Tyme_Racer) is an electric off road track. It's too bad that you don't enjoy running electric off road because with the todays cars, batteries and motors it is a LOT of fun. Come by and watch one of the upcoming trophy races and you'll get to see for yourself.

There are limitations which prevent Sid's Raceway from running nitro. That is why it is an electric track and not a track that can run both.

I was at Tills. this weekend and I enjoyed meeting a lot of the people that are on this site. I also got to see some great nitro and electric racing. It's all good.

It comes down to personal preference whether you prefer to run nitro or electric or both. It is up to you.

You are lucky enough to have many great nitro tracks available to you (maybe not 10 mins. from your house but then hey you can't have everything) within a short drive (Niagara, Hardcore, etc...)
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #19
RCC Senior Contributor

Originally Posted by gremek
Just go brushless - and lipo.... you buy everything once, zero maintenance...

I used to run nitro and now because of brushless/lipo I will never go back

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Associated SC10
Durango DESC410R
Mugen ECO
imported_Sparkie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #20
RCC Senior Contributor

i for one am one of the electric guys on this site and i do stray from the sids site, i actually look at everything on this great site ,if anyone has a problem with electric only they can as lots of people have said go to some of the other tracks that are around, i really like that this track is electric only and i will be making the 2 plus hour drive to the track for their trophy races, i have met a few people from sids and they seem like great people so keep up the great work at sids and see you soon

Team Durango DNX408T E
Tekin 2250 T8
Spektrum DX3R PRO
imported_lstmuggy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.