Track - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Sean H

Total Props: 0
"Monster" Jump

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I would say that MustGoFaster knows best about clearing this one. giver hard until 2/3 up the carpet and then let off the throttle. that's it. if you don't your but will be pointing down and you'll have to slam the break to correct your angle in the air.
samboneecanada is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor

Originally Posted by thelav
Has anyone succesfully made the triple?

I would think you would not be able to set-up for the sharp left after the last jump.

I think it is very do'able, especailly in a 4wd (xxx4's make great lawn darts ). But that corner will need to be cleaned up a bit.

Weather looks FANTASTIC for Sunday
6 more sleeps!!!!
Associated SC10
Durango DESC410R
Mugen ECO
imported_Sparkie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #13
RCC Contributor
I am: David Mandl

I drove the track for about 2.5 hrs last night and here are my first impressions...

I used my T4 Factory Team with a 15T Double P94 and 3300 0r 3500 NiMHs 19T/87Tspur Holeshots on rear and worn Losi's on the front

I loved the track Very much a drivers track as some parts are narrow and hard to navigate quickly. Lots of 180's and only 2 high speed sweeper the main running line was very rough and rutted. A couple turns were bombed out with mud holes but that will be fixed i'm sure once it gets wet again. The trucks were handling the ruts better than the cars least it looked that way too me. My one run with my RC10 buggy was fun but after about 5 laps i destroyed a new servo. It was just a little rough on it but the T4 ran great...didnt miss a beat the whole day.

The main large jump was wicked. My first time over i figured i'd need to hold the throttle open to keep the nose up...Big mistake I almost did a blackflip Once you get the speed judged right you can sail over nice...not too fast mind you or you'll hit hard after the landing ramp...

The triple can be made 2, 1 easily if judged right. I was mostly taking it in 3 jumps since the few times i tried a 2,1 50% of the time I'd hit the top of the 2nd jump and flip the truck hard and since there werent spotters much it was too much running around for my lazyness

I loved the wide main straight which wasnt a prob for most guys to run full speed down. The breaking zone was a little slick but not too bad. The hard surface was hard on the soft tires i was running...The first set of almost done softs i put on were bald in about 10 laps...the new set look about 25% worn after say 50 laps just a guess...

The two tier driver stand worked well except that its a longer walk to get a flipped car if youre on the bottom If the lower level drivers stand back from the railing, the upper level drivers can see the main jump better.

I think I'll gear a little lower next time as i wasnt touching the throttle much in the slow sections and was barely getting to full speed on the straight. But that said I havent tried tuning my slipper much or my current limiters yet so i've got lots to try the next time out.

Big thanks to the builders of this track it was a blast from start to finish
2006 RC10B4
2006 RC10T4 FactoryTeam
1989 RC10 Graphite
1984 RC10 OldGold
Tekin RC10MidEngineConversion

Spektrum DX3
Mamba 4600 system
MaxAmps 5000
Sphere Competition ESC
Novak 7.5 L
Yuntong 5000
imported_superfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor

Superfly - Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it on to the other members of the track committee.

The entire track surface will receive grooming before this Sunday's big race.

During race day on the lower tier of the drivers stand there is a rope that will be strung across from the 3rd spindle which will act as a guide for drivers not to pass in order for them not to obstruct the sight line of the drivers on the top tier.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.