06-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I am: Rob Say
Join Date: Feb 2005
Total Props: 0
Originally Posted by JakFrost
I think there should be only one race / month, and here are my reasons why:
- Destruction of club racing
- More time spent @ home tracks
- Too much traveling involved for the budget racer
Now for a expanded reason for each point:
- Club racing is suffering because of the amount of people going to these larger races, and are spending the other 2 weekends / month with family, mowing the lawn, and watching NASCAR. Club racing is what started this series, but without club races, tracks may not survive, without tracks the series will not survive.
- When people spend more time @ their home tracks, it builds local relationships and spirit in their community. It also allows local racers to have more tracks time with their cars/trucks instead of waiting for 3 hours to run 5 mins.
- Budget racers are arriving @ these races more and more, but time served @ their local tracks would be more beneficial to them and their budgets.
I also understand that a racer does not have to goto every and all races, but if you were to not go, and wait for a club trophy race on an "OFF GLORCS" weekend, you may not have the compliment of drivers that you normally would have because of family, lawns and NASCAR.
On a personal note, I raced in the FTR race 2 weeks ago, and I am racing in London this weekend. Unfortunatly, I could not attend a trophy race @ the Niagara R/C Offroad track was hosting last weekend because I needed time to get other stuff done.
Trim it, or Extend it.
My thoughts exactly...
Action Hobbies Kingsville | TeamAHK | Precision Hobbies | Hobbywing | Spektrum
Support your local hobby shop!