Fun time today! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks for the recap Martin!
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #12
RCC Noob

Nice recap Martin ! Although to be fair, I chuckled it after the ripples with a minute to go and Mike G took off and would have won handily had he not taken the agricultural route on the last corner leaving me with clear view of the finish line ! Nice racing Mike G - clean and close.
As for the Vintage guys - thanks for the fun and kind words about the ole Fox. I felt like I was 12 again and racing at GP Speedway. It was cool to see the reactions of some of the newer racers to these cars that we used to run back in the day - you can see how far we have come.
I hope more people will bring out the old cars ( surely someone can unearth at least a Galaxy Buggy with a brown Hitec Challenger Radio bought at Leisure World !!!! ) - perhaps limit the racing to 2 qualifiers and a main with 540 motos for 2wd and stock or 19T for 4 wheelers (your choice). If anyone needs part numbers of exploded views of the older Tamiya cars send me a PM as I have almost all the parts listings up to 1994. I have started to pick up some spares for the Fox on line and with the sheer number of product manufactured in the hey day - 87' to 92' it is not terribly expensive to keep these cars in running order - I hope we can make this class work.
TypeM72 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #13
RCC Contributor
I am: David Mandl

*mutters to himself* I'm getting some crp hopups and some titanium hingpins and then you'll see *shakes fist* Mr. Steele :GRIN:
2006 RC10B4
2006 RC10T4 FactoryTeam
1989 RC10 Graphite
1984 RC10 OldGold
Tekin RC10MidEngineConversion

Spektrum DX3
Mamba 4600 system
MaxAmps 5000
Sphere Competition ESC
Novak 7.5 L
Yuntong 5000
imported_superfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #14
RCC Contributor

Well I have already rebuilt my rear suspension on the RC10, so I should not be dealing with anymore dogbone ends popping out of my drive cups.

With that said, my hat is off to you Mike you did drive your fox very well.

I will also have to agree that my RC10 behaved much better in the 3rd OR main because I put a stock motor back in, (OLD SCHOOL STOCK) so I think there is something to that. The 19t was fast, but I could not control it well enough..

Bring on the next Vintage race.. I might even have my JRX2 ready.. and the YZ-10 is just waiting for some 4wd competition.
James aka Bikerbob
2wd - Kyosho RB5sp
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!! RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.