8th Annual S-I Updates - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
8th Annual S-I Updates

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thank you to everyone who is looking to attend this years race. I am very excited about this race and after hearing from many racers I have made changes to this years venue to hopefully make it easier for more racers to attend!

1) Brand new layout for this years race. In fact the track has grown to 160 X 200 with lap times just over a minute. Track will provide more racing the other driver versus just trying to get around the track.

2) New sprinkler system with all new heads to give less puddling of water. (Heads spin 4 times faster)

3) New HIGHER driverstand (5 feet higher and carpeted) with lots of elbow room with 14 on the stand

4) Lions Club will be cooking each day and will now even provide dinner. They have added lots of new food alternatives to the menu. All Procedes will go to the Lions Club

5) Beautiful Glass trophies to 1,2,3 of ALL mains! Please pre register so I know how many to get.

6) Friday open practice, Saturday Quals, Sunday Mains to keep it more in line with all the other Glorcs Races schedules

7) Brand new transponder system and RC-SCORE software for the track! I purchased 20 brand new Personal Transponders that I will be renting out at a cost of $10 so that anyone can come and race without having to make the comitment to buy a PT. I will keep these rentals for years to come.

No pre-payment required, please pre register

9) Printing 300 shirts. (or more if some people order 2 shirts) Anyone pre registered 1 month before the race will get the size they ordered. So please pre register. Any left over shirts will be sold to spectators\racers.

10) Maximum 300 entries

11) Cost of Second class dropped to $10 (was $20)

12) Spectators will be charged $2 a car and the money will all go to the girls charity the Pathfinders

13) Free camping on site

14) Power, water, more restrooms all available in greater supply this year.

15) 1/10 scale is welcome however they will run in the monster truck class.

16) I will not run a drop start gate. Instead I will do what all the other Glorcs races are doing where you drop the car when the flag is waived.

17) A Mains will be 45 Minutes long for Truggy and Buggy! B Mains 20 Minutes for Truggy and Buggy! All remaining mains will be 15 minutes. (subject to change of course with weather)

1 1 round of Quals Sunday morning for any racers who did not make it out on Saturday

19) We will have backup transponder systems, notebooks, printers, loops and gracious help from other tracks so my hope is to make everything run smoothly so you the racers have a great time!!

20) Pool will be nice and warm for anyone who is camping to enjoy after the racing is done each day!

21) Lots of new sponsors for this years race will mean a ton of goodies to be given out each day at the drivers meetings

22) Transponder system will call out your times all day long during the open practice.

So if everything sounds good please send in your pre registrations so I can get you in the computer!!!

Mac (David McLean)
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
"F" Main

Hi Dave:

Sounds great. Derek and I will be there in 4 classes. I have to try and break my Sprucewood curse. LOL.
Martin Petre
Mugen Seiki
Team Driver
Byron Fuels
Skycraft Hobbies
2005 + 2007 Sammy's S.S. 1/8 buggy champ
2007& 08 GLORCS MT Champion
2008 Southern Ontario indoor MT Champion
2009 Canadian Winter nats 3rd 1/8 Pro Buggy
mpetre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Carl B

Sprucewood race

Hey Dave,

Carl Balzer and Nathan Stewart will be there. Will be running buggy and truggy. Thanks

Skycraft Racing team
CBalzer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

Dave you always do a outstanding job. You done it again. I really don't think you get enough thanks for the work you have done. Thanks!
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #5
RCC Apprentice

the pre-reg link on the GLORCS page is not working... get a 404 error when you try and submit.
HE-RO Racing
XB8TQ, L. Collari XS600, Sidewinder 30% Race, Futaba 3PK, & lots of other little extra's
bellevillerc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor

Dave has done some amazing work! I was able to walk the track back when it was still being built. He just installed the sprinkler system. I know how much effort is put into building and maintaining a track. He does almost all of it by himself! Simply an amazing task and he has done it year after year! I think Dave deserves a medal for all the work he does.

Peterborough Monster R/C Club
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Thumbs up M.a.m. Racing Team

the #5 rc raceways will be there along with M.A.M.RACING TEAM.see u all there.this race is gona be sweet.
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #8

re: Sunday qualifiers

I'm looking forward to your race this year Dave, but I have an issue with running qualifiers on Sunday for people that can't make it Saturday. number one it's against the GLORCS Rules plus setting a qualifier for just guys who don't want to qualify with rest on Saturday. I thought it was a race weekend?? that's showing favourites. and if you have more 120 enteries for racing on Sunday mains there are no qalifiers. http://www.-----------/links/glorcsrules.pdf check section 8-6. And you we know you will have more than that. I don't think it is fare that we spend our money for a race weekend and a few can show up and change the rules. It happened at Sammy's And I disagreed with it there. Dave you showed up at Tillsonburg on the Sunday and had to start at bottom main working your up. You didn't get a qualifier just for you. This my opinion and hope for a good weekend....

Tim Haslinger
imported_hassy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #9
RCC Supreme Contributor

Hey Tim,

I agree and disagree with what you are saying! I in no way want to go against GLORCS and did not realize it is a rule. In fact the guys from GLORCS seemed to think it was cool at Sammys as I did. My goal is not to upset anyone and I am open to change. Here is why I liked this:

When I showed up on Sunday at Tilsonburg Myself and another driver easily bumped up a couple of mains. As there were only 2 bump ups we took away from other drivers that qualified in that main any opportunity to bump up.

When I was at Sammy only on the Sunday I quickly qualified at the top on the B Truggy and middle of the C Buggy. This meant that I did not take away from others being able to bump up AND as there were 16 of us it would surely have taken away some spots for others.

I also find the wear and tear on the car\trugg to bump up all the way through as Ben Wheeller did at my race last year left him a destroyed car by the time he hit the A Main (9 bump ups later) as it was his car never even finished the main.

I want to hear from others and get there 2 cents on this as well!!

I will talk to the Glorcs guys and see if this rule is up for change!

Good question!!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
RCC Contributor
I am: Nathan Stewart

I agree that it is best to leave the bumps for the guys that may need them....and to have 1 qualifier on Sunday so guys are seeded in thier respective main.

Also, something to consider (from what I have noticed) is that the best qualifiers are set in the 1st or 2nd round for most guys....due to the track being in good shape and the jumps having good faces.

My 2 cents
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.