8th Annual S-I Updates - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Mac is right!!!

I can remember last year at Sammy's when I raced all weekend and then Joe Parent showed up the sunday. He bumped up into my main and then I took 3rd place instead of that 2nd place that would have bumped me up. It p$$ed me off and I'm sure makes other racers mad too.

I give my vote for extra qualifier for the people who could only show up on the sunday.
Droid is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor

My goal is to try and make each years race better than the one before therefore I LOVE the CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM as I really listen to it and try to make changes where the most will be happy. So please weigh in your 2 cents on this issue as I see both sides!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor

sunday qualf. its great i agree with mac 100%
glorcs should make it official at every track...not everybody can get the saturday off to go and race?
if it wasnt for sunday qualf i will never attend the glorcs series...
EXTREME R/C 905-239-5544
nico133 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #14
RCC Apprentice

I see this as 2 folds. 1st I understand the guys who get bumped out every round, but what about the guys who worked all sat trying to place themselves and then get bumped out into a lower main cuz someone just shows up for 20 min qualifier. I am not too sure if that is fair.

Also I think everyone is missing the fact that our machines take a toll. ie the guy running all fri and sat beat and abuse the car for about 2-3 hrs. then you get the guy comming in on sunday with a fresh car running only 20 mins for qualifying then 30 min for the main.. ( less likely to break anything at that point ) but if he had to come in and run every main the car may only make it up 3 mains as it is running non stop all the way .. ( this I think should be the price to pay for not running on sat)

This is my 2 cents but I think you wont win either way unless you make it a rule that you must run sat to run in the mains on sun that I think would be the fair ( I know not everyone has the time and energy to attend both days but then i guess it gives everyone a chance )

good luck on which ever way this goes.

by the way Dave great work on your track keep it up.
blkm3 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

The cream always rises to the top. If someone pays to race and there is a qualifier on sunday. It shouldn't matter when he shows up. A guy might have to work friday and saturday. Why punish him. He has to make it or break it. Besides everyone can work on there buggies and truggies to keep them fresh.

I've seen a racer race from the bottom main and eventually won the A-main. With the same car/engine. He started in the L or N main at a big race.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #16
RCC Apprentice

I agree with you but then that would mean no qualifyers on sunday then .. I think the concern here was that some ppl show up on sunday run 1 qualifyer and then race in the top mains without bumping ..
blkm3 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #17
RCC Contributor
I am: Nathan Stewart

If someone runs one qual and seeds themselves into a high main, they deserve to be there...no matter when they do it.

I however do not agree with giving the guys who show up on sunday thier "own" qualifier...that is indeed unfair as I see it.
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #18
I am: Joeparent

no matter what you do your not going to make everyone happy..I like the ideal of a qualifier on Sunday but you still could run into someone having to start right from the bottom and working his way up.sometimes a racer might not make the qualifier even on Sunday but be there for the mains..if he's signed up he can race..its is a lot of work to bump up thew all the mains..I did it and if it wasn't for a pressure line coming off in the A I could have won..I believe I finished 2nd the race..I got lots of track time lol!!
looking forward to the race Dave
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.