The BEST/MOST POWERFUL engin? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:24 PM   #31
1nferno
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Thumbs up Awesome post!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenman
The RB, Nova Rossi, OS, Ninja and Falcon are all great engines as well. There is no one engine that is way better than the other. Each has there own strengths.

RB C6BBT7 Awesome linear power through entire range
RB WS7x3 Less bottom, smooth power, Better Topend

Nova Rossi Plus 21-5KT Great and linear power, Good Topend

OS Speed .21 Great and linear power, Good Topend
OS Stock V-spec Slightly less bottom and power, Not as linear, Less Topend than the speed

Ninja B01A Great Bottom, Linear Power, Good Topend

Falcon Very Simlar to the above.

Werks B7Pro Great and Linear Power, Good Top end

Anyone can win with any of these engines. Whether buggy or truggy. If your running a truggy. I would recommend a C6BBT7 over the WS7x3. Although many like the WS7x3 in a truggy. You are also going to need a good header and pipe combo to get the most out of these engines. So many people run a pipe and header that don't get the most out of the engine.
Now thats the kinda post I was looking for! Thanks man I am new to racing, and havn't seen all of the good engins out there so that is why I have been asking about them so I can get as much info as I can before I invest in one over the other.
THANKS AGAIN "MUGENMAN"
1nferno is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #32
NS
RCC Contributor

I am: Nathan Stewart

Best to buy IS the engine that your LHS can get parts for quickly

(I.e Piston / Sleeve / Bearings / Carb insterts / O-rings etc....)

....or else you will need to submit a post asking what the best spare engine is and that will just mess everyone up with all the options !
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:36 AM   #33
-Joe-R/cWhanaBe

whats the difference beetween a spare and an engine in use. what factors/options change?
-Joe-R/cWhanaBe is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #34
NS
RCC Contributor

I am: Nathan Stewart

$$$ cost $$$
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #35
1nferno
RCC Contributor

good point

LOL, good point NS. after being in the hobby for some time I am sure WE ALL have a few of these, or at least one.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #36
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

All of the engines listed are easy to get parts for.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:28 AM   #37
intoxicated
RCC Master Contributor

yea....

the axial 28 is a good engine and very reliable, i found that the carb cant hold a perfect tune if u run for a bit. u find that the low end is good but it can do better? maybe its a tuning issue and if u are asking me about the mini inferno, no its the electric version im selling for 85$, needs battery rebuild but other then that rtr

-Jammin X1CR FT
- NT18 + M18
- Nitro RS4 18ss
intoxicated is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #38
1nferno
RCC Contributor

Axial.28 1s

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated
the axial 28 is a good engine and very reliable, i found that the carb cant hold a perfect tune if u run for a bit. u find that the low end is good but it can do better? maybe its a tuning issue and if u are asking me about the mini inferno, no its the electric version im selling for 85$, needs battery rebuild but other then that rtr
ya i here ya on the tune issue, I am happy with how well this engin performs...when in tune...which isn't often!!!
I love your pic ma man, it is intoxicating!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:10 AM   #39
1nferno
RCC Contributor

Mach 427

man, it seems everybody puts this engin down, or just beats up on it, I am very happy with my RTR 8T and the engin & pipe combo seems very fast and powerful for this truggy, now I am NOT an athority in engin experience by any means, but I have had a few over the years. This lill 2 stroker has got me threw this season very reilabily and I have had a lot of track time with it. at the 3 gallon mark after Hardcore this weekend.
Now if I was to go down to a .21 race engin...maybe a Killer engin like the Nova rossi 367, or ninja, maybe the sexy OS speed .21, any race .21,( what would I expect compaired to the stock mach 427.
laugh all you want, i know this is a stupid question, but I do want to hear what all the experienced guys have to say are the differences.
i am going to buy a new engin over the winter months, and I was geared for the LRP spec 3 .28...but after reading and comparing the way i drive I think I would be spinning my wheeles more than anything with that kinda power ( I am on or off the throttle, thats it)
I also saw Dave Henry win the Amain truggy with a werks teamline b7 .21 at Sprucewood which didn't seem like the fastest truggy out there but did however appear to be one of the only ones out ther not spinning the wheeles, and hooking up at will. ( probably just Dave eh?)
Old 09-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #40
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Yes Dave has a few secrets he won't let out of the bag. I drove his Kyohso with his OS. It was like butter. Way smoother than anything I had driven. It takes time to get use to. It certainly wasn't the engine. Dave has learned a thing or 2. LOL! Everything Dave does is top notch. His attention to detail is part of his secret. Power doesn't mean a thing, if you can't put it down.

There is no such thing as a stupid question. If you don't know ask. How will you know. The problem is some give advice and don't have the experience and knowledge. They mean well though. There is good info if you know where to look. We are all in the process of learning all the time. Learning who to trust and believe is the tough part. No one wants to buy something and then have regrets.

If you get a Nova Rossi engine and have any issues contact Jim @ Fusion Motorsports. RB I think it's Kevin @ RB USA. I could be wrong on that one. Ron @ Werks Racing. Kris Moore or Robbie Collins at Mugen USA.

Dave and Kris use to be team mates also with Jeremy Kortz. Jeremy gave Dave a nice word at the nationals. Dave has helped many in the hobby.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in