cen tr arena - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
cen tr arena

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hey everyone. well the time has come for me to keep a vehicle more than a week. im trying to put some time anf effort into this. ive been looking into the lunsford mods and e clip mods but these are both meaningless to me!? i would never feel the difference. but that said. i am looking for w.e upgrades possible. and if anyone knows of a small spur modd ( te diff reduction and the small spur).

this truggy allows you to make many mistakes, its very forgiving. but it has a fair but of top heavy roll ad i feel it may be the weight all u top from those hefty chssis braces and big spurr. it puts down the traction though very very well and holds it line coming into and out of the corners. once u have a lfatter set up she really hauls like shes on rails. running my lrp spec 3 modded i thought i was gunna have problems with traction but this truggy proved me wrong. the parts wuality is very nice no sharp edges. very strong drivetrain. knuckles and steering components are large downfalls. red lock tight is a must with these cnc knuckles.

9 out of 10
spectrum hobbies
hpi savage flux
2x 3 cell 5600 mah 25c lipo
mrc super brain 959 lipo charger
its all for sale
ravagerracer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor

what shock oil & pistons are you running? the TR likes a sitffer set up because of the shock geometery, if you have alot of roll it would be more from the shock set up than the CG, the CG will give a little roll, but I know I dont have any more roll than I did with my old truggy, and I'm not even running any sway bars where I did on the old one,

for a smaller spur mod, I've never seen one, I'm sure if you wanted to spend alot of money you could put kyosho or jammin stuff in it, but its not going to be cheap, and to be honest you probally wont notice any differecne, I know when CEN was testing the truck in the start they tried both small and big spurs, and they found you could carry alot more corner speed with the big gear set up vs the small gear, so thats why they went the way they did,

the e-clip mod isn't a performance thing, some people just dont like e-clips, they can be a pain to get back on, especially under the steering stuff, but if you dont mind them they work fine, I personally got rid of most of them too just because it makes it a little easier to tear the truck down, and I dont have to worry about the clips flying everywhere when I take them off,

the lunsford mod is for strength and not really performance also, the stock camber link in the front can bend pretty easy because its hollow, that can be fixed by hammering an inner rear hinge pin inside it, this way is alot cheaper, and it will never bend again,

when you say you are looking for what ever upgrades possible, what do you have now? do you have the FRE or RTR? on my FRE the only hop ups I've got are the red CNC knuckles, and the red CNC servo saver bellcrank, I've also got the red CNC rear hubs, but they aren't needed, and I only put them on because I found a set really cheap used, and I've also drove a rear hinge pin into my front camber link, anything after that on the FRE isn't needed unless you crash really really really hard and very often, or if you just like the look of it,

also I've never ever had to use red loctite on the CNC knuckles, I put a small amount of blue, and just make sure they are tightened down good, and I've only ever had a screw come out once in a season and a half with the CEN stuff,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

most cen racers i talke too are using kyosho diffs
c-low74 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
RCC Expert Contributor

a lot were, but there is a pinned diff availble from CEN now, and actually all the new kits come with this diff now, and Gene Hickerson also has a set of hardened pins available too, so most guys have swtiched back to the CEN stuff or Gene's kit

and that still woudln't get you a smaller spur gear on the truggy anyway
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.