Need your help guys - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
Need your help guys

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Need your help guys, I dont have much experience with brushless systems, I have a mamba max 7700 system I was using in my crawler with a brushed motor. I use a Team Orion 3200 2S lipo in it and the run times are fantastic. I usually get bored before the battery dies.

Heres the scoop, I just bought a new stadium truck and took all brushless stuff out of the crawler to use in it, So I have the mamba max esc and the 7700kv brushless motor. In my trucks manual it says stock gearing is a 20t pinion and a 87t spur. So I hooked it all up set the system via the castle link and set my cut off voltage to 6 as recomended. I tried the truck out and it was too fast with the 20t so I dropped to a 17t. It is more controlable that way but it appears my run time is next to nothing!!! I had the battery fully charged when I started to make setting adjustments and I swear I didnt get a total of 5 minutes of run time on it.
Do you guys have any ideas as to what may be wrong? I saw a thread somewhere where someone had the 5500 system and they were running anywhere from a 15-17t pinion and it was OK for them, My motor temps were well within the guidelines as my temps were 105-135...I just thought I should be able to at the very least be able to get a 5 minute heat in!!!
SceneSplitter is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
My guess is that the difference between your two types of driving (crawling vs bashing/racing) and the different motors required is the reason. I bet you weren't use hardly any throttle with your crawler and that when you do it is only for short bursts. Similarly I also bet that you are running the 7700 brushless at 100% a lot of the time.

The 7700 is also a very powerful motor, equivalent to a 5-7 turn brushed. What were you running for a brushed motor in your it wasn't a 5-7 turn!!!

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.