What about a annual mebership ? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
mike vandusen
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
What about a annual mebership ?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have no problem supporting the track but do you think we can buy a annual mebership for next season. Just a thought.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
imported_DV8ion
RCC Contributor

I'd be sooo up for that. I would use the track more often. I must admit that when I get home from work and its 7:30 and I have an itch to hit the track for a few tanks, I tend not to go because I feel I wouldn't get my moneys worth right now (new house new cars new wife lots of bills doesn't leave alot of $$$$ for hobbies). Now if I were to buy a seasons pass for $XXX at the begining of the year then I wouldn't have a problem going to practice more often. Hell I would probably bring some drinks by for the boys for doing a great job running one hell of a track.
imported_DV8ion is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
tefflawn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Smile think about it

ok guys i will be thinking about memberships next year.i asked before i opened the track.lots of guys had problems with paying a membership fee,so i'll ask again.who is intrested in paying for a membership for next year 2008.if the track is still here next year.because its not making me and my partners any money.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #4
mike vandusen
RCC Senior Contributor

I think you should try at the hobby show ,dont rent a spot but piggy back in to a both with someone else. Tell them what our problem is and they should be able to let you advertise or something ,maybe even breakfast TV. What happened to Nic from RCTC ?
Yes I would buy a year membership in the spring.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bill N.

We tried to go that route already. But the consensus was pretty much "let us pay as we go".

http://www.offroadrc.ca/showthread.p...embership+fees

regards

speed metal
Old 09-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #6
imported_DV8ion
RCC Contributor

Sure keep it pay as you go, but maybe add the option of letting people pay for a membership. There is no reason you couldn't have both. Plus with the upfront membership money you can take care of any larger bills that need to be addressed at the begining of the season. Just my $0.02 I'd love to see this track florish and continue on, I just wish I had more money to give to the track or I would give it all to them. Ron and his guys are stand up guys
imported_DV8ion is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #7
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

membership options

tefflawn and speed metal are 100% correct . months ago before the first pile of dirt was even put on the track an opinion poll was done on the forum to gauge whether people would be willing to pay a membership fee at the 5 raceway and the majority of guys were dead set against it.

tefflawn cant even get more than a handful of guys to come out to use the track on any given day for 20 bucks so why bother trying to charge a membership?

in my opinion its not really feasible to try and charge more money.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
Vokal
RCC Contributor

Cool I'm all for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is a god idea

I have spoke to the people that come down to the #5 and
in the last few week more and more people asked about a membership
for next season.

Most people are saying they would be there more if there was a membership
If i was to go even 3 times a week thats 60 bucks out of my pocket
but if there was a flat fee for the month/week/year then i could go as offten as i wanted to and would do so
Thats the story people keep telling to me this weekend and the past weekend

The track should think about this
Vokal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

If what you are doing now isn't working. What do you have to lose ?
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #10
BoltonRC
RCC Apprentice

I am: paul s

My son and I have been in this hobby about 4 years now – he drives and wrenches, and I get a kick out of just wrenching and pitting (can’t drive - hand / eye coordination is gone!)
Until this track came along, we had no where to go but just bash around town, and learn the hobby. As we were just learning, there was considerable apprehension on the part of my son to sign up for an organized race like GLORCS or Sprucewood, as he had no track experience. We have went and watched a lot all over the place, but still the apprehension.

Bashing around by yourself gets boring after a summer or two..

There was nowhere to go to learn the ins and outs of driving on a track, etiquette, rules, get in some practice, etc.

Until now!

Once this track opened, we showed up a couple of times to watch and learn. Tefflawn and all of the other people were so encouraging, to the point of my son dying to get out and try it.

We have now been about 7 times, and every time, it has been one of our best experiences – in any hobby or social activity I have come across.
We will continue to support this track as much as we can, despite having limited free time, and a 45 minute drive each way to get there. And we will support the track with either the yearly membership, which I can see as being a benefit, or pay-as-you-go, which so far has worked fine as well.

If this track goes, I am not sure what will be left of this hobby for the two of us anyhow, and that is VALUABLE time for my son and I to spend together.

I am on this forum pretty much twice a day – to learn – but I do not post much. If I have nothing of great interest to say, I don’t say it.

BUT I felt this needed to be said.

Sorry for the longish post…

Thanks Tefflawn and all involved, and look forward to seeing you again – soon, AND next year!

Paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in