What about a annual mebership ? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
much respect

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i have to say to you paul that if there were more guys like yourself to support tefflawns track it would be thriving and growing but its just not the case and the past couple of months are evidence of this.

tefflawn opened this track specifically for families like paul and his son to help get young people into rc racing because the kids are the future of rc racing.

getting new kids and families into rc is the only way for the sport to grow in canada.

everyone at the 5 raceway tries to make it a place to have fun and if they can help you and your son get into the hobby,have fun and make you want to come out again then it was all worth the time ,effort and money .

thanks again for your kind words paul and thank you for supporting the track.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor

I like the membership idea because I simply can't afford to be out there all the time for $20 a day. I understand it's hard to make money at tracks, but what about offering a membership that offers a lowered cost instead of free? For example, $20 for the day and if you have a membership it's only $10 or something like that?

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #13
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Thumbs up

I completely agree with you Paul, its awesum you and your son have a stronge interest it the Hobby. I also have a son 3yrs old, and all he talks of is going to watch me race. “we go to track dad” Im letting him drive my T4 now, so he can get the feel for it. :GRIN:

I respect Tefflawn all the my MAM teamates, and I will continue support the5… membership or pay as you go.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor

Originally Posted by thrash metal View Post
tefflawn and speed metal are 100% correct . months ago before the first pile of dirt was even put on the track an opinion poll was done on the forum to gauge whether people would be willing to pay a membership fee at the 5 raceway and the majority of guys were dead set against it.

tefflawn cant even get more than a handful of guys to come out to use the track on any given day for 20 bucks so why bother trying to charge a membership?

in my opinion its not really feasible to try and charge more money.
times change. A yearly membership would be a great way to make more money, as I bet a lot of the people who would want it are local and would be there more during the week if they had one. I know theres a good group of people who don't go after work and such during the week because its still a $20 flat rate, whereas if they had paid $200 or so up front they'd be out there a lot more. More attendance = more burger, pop, parts, gas, whatever sales.

Maybe its an idea whose time has come or the initial thread just didnt come across right, but it seems like theres interest now so don't dismiss the idea because of the past.
imported_[evo] is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Smile membership fee's

ok guys what would u all pay for a membership for a session.that way i have an idea of what i should charge.let me know thanks.
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
RCC Supreme Contributor

Hey Teff,

as this is a buisiness... you know what your overhead is and what you would like to accomplish I.E pay down the $$ that was shelled out for all the equipment, Wood etc...

You IMO should set the fee where this can help recoup what was put out there to start up and still be somewhere in the middle where it isn't overlry expensive where it may put some people off...

I love the idea where a membership would offer lower rates to play but still have the pay as you play as well for others who don't want to or can't afford to dole out the $$.

just my .02
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

right on

very well put metalshield. i agree with you 100% and like yourself i will be there to support the 5 raceway whether we have to pay a membership or not.

whatever tefflawn decides is cool with me and i will support his track either way. i just hope other guys will do the same.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #18
RCC Apprentice

I agree with crusher in a sense that you need to do some number crunching and figure out what would work for you...

Membership plus a pay as you go option is the way to do it...

another option that may work could be something along the lines of buying track days in bulk... resulting in a discount... (something along the lines of 10 track days for a $160 instead of $200)

but personally i fully support the membership route as people could come out after work for a few tanks of practice/tuning and then go their way (not as much of a commitment)... now u just need to figure out what the proper price would be.

One way of doing it would be to see how many times the average racer comes out and play around with that number... the whole idea is for you to make more people come out more often... so the membership and buyin in bulk should achieve that.

Also, talk to other track owners and see what is working for them

my .04 cents (just cause its that long)
Jonas is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #19
RCC Apprentice

Originally Posted by tefflawn View Post
if the track is still here next year
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but is there really a chance that you won't re-open next year. That would be a real shame - the track is amazing and you've obviously invested a lot of time of money.
Helios/KO 2.4
Mugen MTX-4 // Losi 8B // AE B44 // Mini-Z 2.4 // Axial AX10
jon123 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #20
RCC Contributor

Lets see

If the season was 6 months
That’s 24 weeks - 1 time per week
That adds up 480 bucks

So if a full season pass was 500 up front
Who is going to pay that ????????? Are any of you???????????

Now let’s try a monthly pass say for 80 bucks a month
Is that better ??????

NO WEEKLY PASSES - not even going there
What should you get out of the passes?
Ids say Monday - Friday practice and club racing should be half price for pass holders
Trophy racing should be straight up - no discounts as there are trophies involved and excreta

So now I’ve put out some numbers

What do you think?
So Teff can make up his mind if it’s worth the time involved
I.e. how to track who has a pass, who doesn’t
There should bee some kind of membership card involved

Need more feedback from you guys
Vokal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.