Hey guys need your help. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: dmaindonnie
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Hey guys need your help.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys need your help, I finally got my new to me XXXT and have a battery question. I'm running 3800/4200 saddle packs in my 501x with tabs on the sides. These tabs are preventing them from sitting correctly in the truck. I have 6 or so 2400 blue packs from the summers TCS series and am wondering if these who be enough for a 19t motor/ 5 min race? I really don't want to alter the saddle packs and tabs if I have to. Donavan
"D" Main Donnie
08' Tamiya TCS R.O.Y.
Immersion RC Vortex/Pro 250
1/5 4wd MCD FT-RR5
SensoryOverload is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

They will last you.. sure.. but you wont have the voltage the punch that a quality 3300+ pack can give.

Now that being said.. how will that work at Sids?? well I think for the most part you will be fine, and now with the current layout I think you will ok..

I assume the 2400s are still in good shape.. You wont have the PUNCH.. but its all about smooth really anyway right?

James aka Bikerbob
2wd - Kyosho RB5sp
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!!
...in RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

The 2wd Truck may not use as much juice as your 4wd Buggy so it will probably be ok.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:50 AM   #4
RCC Contributor
I am: David Mandl

as long as you pull to the outside of the turns and slow slightly when the orange T4 comes up behind you you should be fine
2006 RC10B4
2006 RC10T4 FactoryTeam
1989 RC10 Graphite
1984 RC10 OldGold
Tekin RC10MidEngineConversion

Spektrum DX3
Mamba 4600 system
MaxAmps 5000
Sphere Competition ESC
Novak 7.5 L
Yuntong 5000
imported_superfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:54 AM   #5
Art Vandelay
RCC Senior Contributor

Are the tabs preventing you from mounting the battery due to the extra width that they are adding to the packs?

Hammering the tabs until they are flattened can sometimes help.
Art Vandelay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
RCC Apprentice

The 2400s should be fine for 5 minutes. I'm running a Checkpoint 19T and get more than 9 minutes with 3300s. I remember Dave Lyons saying a couple of months ago these were his favourite for 2wd offroad. The runtime with 3800/4200 is amazing but I find I have to use my oldest touring car batteries, otherwise the torque is too much. Even with so-so 3800/4200s you have to really be gentle with the trigger coming out of corners.

By the way, did you get the MF2 truck. I've been very happy with mine. I've run it all summer and only broken a ball end on the rear shock tower. I switched to titanium and haven't had a problem since. The Losi truck is great - tons of steering on and off power and excellent side grip. You'll definitely need to make some changes from the stock set up to get better forward traction, though.
Helios/KO 2.4
Mugen MTX-4 // Losi 8B // AE B44 // Mini-Z 2.4 // Axial AX10
jon123 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.