$1000 Cash Prize - Page 16 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 AM   #151
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Congratulations!! Grand River Hobbies!! Martin, Jordan, Ron and Derek you guys are really
setting the pace for use all to follow. GRH has taking hardware home at every track this season!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 AM   #152
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Don't think for one minute that Grand River Hobbies only won this race because they did not break!!

In fact they were fast and dialled for the entire race. Congats for some great driving and amazing prep work.

We will all have our work cut out for us next year in trying to beat you guys!!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #153
RCC Contributor

Team Associated RC8

The RC8 faired much better than I thought seeing as it was a vehicle that was taken out of the box, had a motor dropped in it some electronics strapped in an tossed into a race with some FANTASTIC drivers to compete against.

Failure #1 ---stripped servo horn (steering) The bolt backed off. Not AE's failure that one was ours.............

Failure #2 ----3rd round, lower hinge pin braces on the rear of the front gearbox "tweaked" allowing the hinge pin for the left front arm to come out. That took a while to repair and those will be replaced with KingHeadz or a AE update part when it becomes available.

Couple other issues but those were due to us not the car. All in all that car made me look good on the track and I was happy to say that was the cleanest run I've ever had in offroad. That car made me look like a pro and it wasn't my driving it was all the car.............

On a couple side notes thanks to Hardcore for an excellent event. Also, congrats to ALL the drivers in this event. This was clean clean clean racing for 3 hours, rarely did you see a marshall have to come out and untangle 2 or 3 cars. This race was a big ole freight train of buggies going around the track for 3 hours with limited hiccups.

Final note on the RC8.....our youngest team member Daniel Y (12) initially held 3rd place for his full 45 minutes had never raced a buggy in his life. I took over the controls and held us in 4th for my 45 minutes even with a servo horn failure.

If this car can make us 2 rookies look good what will it do in the hands of a more experienced GLORC's racer..................................nuff said
Currently running:

Team Associated RC8/Jammin .21
Tamiya 801xt
Tamiya Tamtech Porsche
Tamiya Tamtech Frog
Tamiya F350 Hilift
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #154
RCC Supreme Contributor

What were the final positions for all the teams involved?
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #155
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Derek P

We had lots of fun Racing this weekend. The Grand River Hobbies Nova ROssi Powered Kyosho was dialed. It worked great. We had great fuel mileage all race long. In practive we were getting almost 11 minutes out of a tank. During the Race we were bring it in every 8 to 8 and a half minutes just to be safe. Mr Krupp had the car Kruppified prior to the race. It was read to break. We just didn;t run into any problems at all. Thanks to everybody that showed up. Everybody being in attendance is what makes this kinda thing so much fun. Thanks to Jay and the family for giving us such a great track this year to race on.

I was really looking into swtich vehicles next year but, i raced this buggy all season. I didn;t break a single part all year. After installing the big bores this thing worked like a dream. The 777 wc is a great ride, that i may be riding throughout the 2008 season. Not to mention the Nova Rossi N21b-2001 running great all year. The motor is amazing. The motor ran great all the way from Calagary to FTR. Great motor with great fuel mileage

on a side note, it was a set of Losi Clutch bearings that got us to Victory Lane
Derek Petre
KingCamber is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:06 PM   #156
RCC Expert Contributor

I had a feeling the grand river guys would do well, they had a very well rounded team for sure.

Hopefully this race is a little earlier in the season next year (ie before school in september) so I can come, it sounds like it would be a blast,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #157
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Joseph C.

On behalf of all of us here at Hardcore congrats to the grand river team for the win. Also thanks to all the racers that came out to make this event a success, A special thanks to the racers that had to travel for hours to get here. We will fit this event earlier into our schedule next year and hopefully it will be a bit warmer.
Hardcore R/C Track Owner
It's better to look at it then to look for it.
:GRIN: i been looking at it and i still can't find it.
Trakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #158
RCC Contributor

Maybe I missed sometin' but, can Jay (or somebody) post the actual standings with all the teams and their laps completed? It would be interesting to see.
I hope this event repeats itself next year..It sounds great!!
Congrats to the GRH Team...it seems the extra effort for prep paid off.
...and Dave or Mac...maybe try the clutch bell bearings from ULTIMATE RACING....they have been the most reliable of all the brands we sell.
Cheers Guys.

I'm reminded of the time I did an enduro (ahem, a few years back before personal transponders) and during a pit stop, parts and body were swapped...and then we started to drop in standings from 3rd to 10th over the next 30 minutes..I couldn't figure out how, until I realised our transponder was attatched to the original body we swapped out and we did 30 minutes of racing without being counted!! When the clock ended I passed for 9th spot on the last corner of the last lap...it was almost as good as winning just to pull ourselves out of last spot.
Home of the RadioControlMonsterPatrol
Proud Sponsor of RCTVhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UII1fj5vwXc

Rare R/C Parts

Give your vehicle the ULTIMATE RACING edge!
ROGatJOHNS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #159
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

Here are the results.

Thanks for coming to the race it was a great event.

Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #160
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John Summach

Sounds like everyone had a good time. We'll have our act together for next year!

"Sids Crew"
Great Hobbies - Team Durango

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.