wont start - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
wont start

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i need some help i have a sportwerks mayhem st with stock .26 motor i started it and the rpms where a little high then i just started to scream after about four attemps of trying to get rpms down it started to stall about 2 secs now it wont start at all.i swapped glow plus and when i put it on its side fuel was coming out of the exhaust help me please.
imported_lowrider3200 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor

Carb Opening

Did you check the carb opening, it should be around 1mm. If it's closed it won't start, and if it's too big it'll scream when it starts. If fuel is coming out of the exhaust then the engine is flooded. Take out the glow plug and dump the excess fuel, and make sure you prime it properly.
MONKEY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jeff F

Also sounds like the low speed might be a little lean... check the carb opening first as mentioned and if that's not it, make sure your linkage is right and not opening the throttle, if that doesn't work try richeing up the low speed 1/4 turn.
The Revolution is Coming...
Currently Racing:
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
RCC Contributor
I am: Derek R

It does sound like it was running very lean.

I would take all of the fuel system apart and clean it, including the carb. It might be something blocking the jets.

Once re-assembled, set the jets back to factory and re-tune from there.
Doc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor

1st question...

How long was it screaming for? When you changed the plug did you look at the element? If so was it distorted?

If nothing else take the motor out of the truck and take the back plate off the motor. Is there excessive play from the connecting rod and the crank pin? What is the compression like on the motor? (with it fully assembled)

If all still seems ok do as others have stated... have the idle adjusted so it is approx 1 mm open, ensure there is no binding in the linkage. Install a throttle return device... spring or elastic band should suffice.

Make sure your glow igniter is fully charged and that the glow plug is in fine working order.

The low end may be lean as stated... it is better to be rich at all costs than lean... 1/4 turn is in essence 3 hours I will dig up more info to aid you in tuning and PM you when I get the chance.
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
RCC Junior Contributor

thanx guys you have been very helpful ill give it a shot. thanx again
imported_lowrider3200 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.