Sunday Racing at Fastcats - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Sunday Racing at Fastcats

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Went to Fastcats today for my first time on their offroad layout. They have done a DAMN FINE job on the track! The jumps are amazing and the traction is incredible. The commentary during the races is quite dedicated and exciting.

There were tons of new faces there - a good crowd; it was also nice to see a bunch of the Sid's summer crew there as well...

THIS IS IT FOLKS - Offroad R/C is BACK in a big way - we have an indoor offroad track in the GTA - the first in many years - let's round up the troops and come out for some fun!

For those who don't know where to start with car setup on this track:

TIRES: Anything works. I personally ran holeshots in the rear, but I saw guys with worn down Step Pins. Best of all, the tires still look brand new at the end of the day, and had ZERO wear on them.... (after several practice packs, 3 qualifiers and a main)

SUSPENSION: You will be fine with whatever setup you had at Sids, but if you are changing your oil, then go a bit heavier and to a slightly stiffer spring.

They are having a trophy race on Nov. 17th & 18th:

It's going to be a great Winter season. Currently the club racing schedule is Wednesday evenings and Sundays.

Mugen MBX6E
Losi 22
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Originally Posted by gremek View Post
Currently the club racing schedule is Wednesday evenings and Sundays.
Off-road every other week...Schedule
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: m p

Was really fun, a lot of Sid's guys were there so it was nice to see familiar faces. The crowd was very friendly too, people helping out each other all over the place. John, the owner had incredible announcing all day.

This is going to be the winter fix for all of us
Losi 22
Galaxy Hobby - Alexei Tuning
entilza is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
RCC Contributor
I am: Jay L

I had so much fun! If you want to get you skills up for next years outdoor season, this is the place to do it. It's faster and theres tons of competition. Nice driving on sunday gino! You gave me quite a run for my moneyin the truck class!
Jay Lovegrove
Mugen MBX6E
Mamba Max Esc 1800 Neu-Castle Motor
knahs is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I think that once more people get a chance to race on the FastCats off-road track, they are going to be hooked. The best thing - aside from pulling some lint from the car - the car comes off clean so you can either spend more time on set-up - or relax.

Like Mike said, set-ups are going to be a little stiffer then at Sids - thicker oil in the shocks might help - as will going a couple steps up in spring rate. You'll also want to play with how your car "rolls" by adjusting your camber-link mounting positions - and adjusting their height according to how your car is handling. If you find you need more steering, try shortening the camber link up front, and visa-versa if you have too much.

There are a lot of on-road racers that have also taken the plunge into "carpet offroad" - many with some great set-up advice borrowed from racing on carpet for years. Don't be affraid to ask for help if you need it... it's a friendly atmosphere.

Tires - pretty much whatever you have in your pit-bag - including those bowties with the ruined internal foam... they may actually work pretty good on this track.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
RCC Junior Contributor

awsome weekend!!!

the track was great ...lots of there for every race this winter
to alll guys hiddin out there you got to check it out
see you guys next race!
EXTREME R/C 905-239-5544
nico133 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.