Toronto Hobby Show 07 - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #11
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
C'mon Guys

all and all I think the show was great... alot of entertaining displays and demos for all ages to enjoy.
I talked to three hobby shops before the event and they were not happy with the costs of setting up booths...(thousands) maybe your complaints should be directed to the host "The International Center" as for support for the race itself we all knew of the race a month in advance. Alot of time to be prepared. Myself and my family, especially my son had a great time. I will attend next years event! :GRIN:
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #12
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

Total Props: 0
i noticed that the hobby show gets less rc every year. 2 years ago there were rockets, tamiya booth with rc tank battles, tons of stores, alot of good deals. this year there is 3 rc stores. i hope it picks up again next year and there is more rc and more deals.

and as for prices one store sold everything for more then i can buy it at a local shop regular price. this same store had something for one price and in about an hour i walked past it again and they raised the price on this by 30 dollars. arent they supposed to lower prices for the show?
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #13
RCC Apprentice

My family and I went all day Saturday and when I say all day I mean we were there from 9:30am until 8pm. My husband Crafty raced. The kids and I took a look around the hobby show. I was not impressed with it very much. It didn't take me long to go through the displays and there wasn't a whole lot for kids to enjoy. The kids enjoyed the racing (sorry to anyone that they may have annoyed that day in the RC section) My son Travis did enjoy the train set up and the boats and the RC section. Other then that they had one wooden Thomas the Tank Engine for the kids to sit in and one table of lego's set up for them to play. The last time I was at a hobby shop they had more things for kids to do. The other vendors didn't seem to have much for hobbies. I found there was a lot of craft things.

Over all we had a good day there...the people at the RC section are great people and it was worth my $12.00 just to be there to watch the racing.

I know that Crafty will go again next year if there is racing but I am not sure if the kids and I will venture out for the day again.
Craftyette is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #14
RCC Contributor

Show and shops

I think once they lower their price they charge us on a booth for local shops to attend the show you'll see the return of the locals to the show.

Reason we didn't do the show this year is COST!!!!!!! That and last year was embarassing..........we had one of the larger booths and were surrounded by one guy selling migrane relief and another selling rubber slippers or some junk like that.........

Glad to say though, TONS of guys in this weekend buying stuff cause they didn't get anything they wanted at the show.

Congrats to the Sid's gang tho.....heard that was the highlight.........
Currently running:

Team Associated RC8/Jammin .21
Tamiya 801xt
Tamiya Tamtech Porsche
Tamiya Tamtech Frog
Tamiya F350 Hilift
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #15
RCC Junior Contributor

ZoomRooms right! The cost of the booth alone keeps us away. Then we have to man it, and set it up while having someone to run the store as well. And for all our work and cost we then get to sell the items for almost what we paid for it. Not really good business. If it was a dedicated hobby show we would be more interested but having dancing girls and lego exhibits is really not the venue we are looking to participate in.

We can tell that there were disappointed people because of how many sales we made that weekend. To be honest we usually expect a slow weekend and this year we were really surprised. The feedback from customers, many new, was that they were very disappointed. Of course I can't say we were sad at the results.
Thanks for 22 years of memories!

(905) 831-8487
PickeringHobbies is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #16
RCC Junior Contributor

Dammit! I totally missed the dancing girls!
Venom Creeper
Tamiya Dark Impact
Sportwerks Raven BX
Tamiya TA-05R
Tamiya TA-03F
Tamiya F103RM
Team Losi Micro T
Team Losi Micro DT
bassguitar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #17
RCC Contributor
I am: Steve D

To the Hobby Shops, I totally understand that the costs associated with being a vendor made it impossible for you guys to be there. I'd like to see more of the manufacturers represented. Where was the AE booth? The Kyosho or Losi booths? How about even Great Planes or Horizon Hobby? Where were the manufacturers showing off their products? I thought Borgfeldt (Canadian distributor for Tamiya) was supposed to have a booth? They were listed as a vendor on the web site... These are the kinds of vendors the hobby show needs, and I'm sure they have the funds to participate. That's what I expected from what is considered a "trade" show.
steve6sucks is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #18
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re not on the radar up here in canada

i agree with you steve that ae, losi and kyosho should be setting up something at the hobby show but the reality is that us canadians who are into rc arent even on their maps.

you can bet at the bigger hobby shows in the states all the big rc players are there in spades. i guess we have to drive down to one of those to see the newest products from the major rc players.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:48 AM   #19
RCC Senior Contributor

Thanks for the replies guys. I thought I miss something big. Not like before when someone post that they got a great deal, lots of participants, demos were being done, etc. etc.

Just checked the pics of the track, it was nice. Must have been great to see the action in person.

Thanks again.
imported_4wdmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #20
RCC Expert Contributor

if we want a good hobby show we have to organize it......lets face it the exhisting organizers/exhibitors are there to make cash and get exposure...not to show us the latest and greatest.....
Penny Racer with Air brakes(only one in Canada)
Paris Junction Hobbies/Morgan Fuels/Ebay
Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool
imported_RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.