Help me choose a Truck - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #11
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i wouldnt suggest getting the duratrax because everything they make sucks except a few things.

as for hpi i heard it sucks too.

the traxxas i dont know but just because its traxxas i wouldnt get one

the associated GT is really good, i used to have one and it was hard to break even though i jumped it high.

i wouldnt suggest getting a stadium truck for bashing they sort of suck for bashing. get a 1/8 scale for bashing, buggy, truggy or monster truck whatever i guarantee it will be much more fun and will be more durable. i would definately spend the extra money for an st1 instead of the firestorm.

as for the mt2, its 4wd and would be good for bashing but if you decide to race it one day you cant because there is no classes for it or at least i never heard of it.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #12
RCC Junior Contributor

Personaly i have had great luck with traxxas reliable engines and the trucks are pretty tough once you outfit them with some RPM parts. and as for 1/8 truggy i just ordered an OFNA Mutilator from tower hobbies for $398.00 RTR shipped just my 2 cents on the situation

T-MAXXDUDE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #13
RCC Contributor
I am: Eric Meola
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Originally Posted by SideSlip View Post
So, I'm getting a Firestorm. I hope I like it!

I saw the ST1 on Amainhobbies for $299.99, but shipping from Cali + Customs + all the other supplies I need, add up to much more than that.
Only cost my friend $340 with duties. I also have a coupon code to save ANOTHER $25. Indestructible, fast, great handling truggy for only $299. Beat that......
Go subaru!
ericem is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #14
RCC Apprentice

If you plan to race check your local track to see if they have a class available to race your particular choice.
imported_Perry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:30 AM   #15
RCC Noob

I have the nitro evader and it's been a learning experience. I've replaced the diff gear twice and now waiting on an idler gear. I can take gearbox apart now blindfolded. I must say that the DTX 18 engine is great and I haven't touched mine since I got it. Starts great and idles really smooth. I haven't been around the truck scene very long so I can only give my opinion on what I've heard. Traxxas seems to be the most durable in that price bracket.
imported_chuck_zc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #16
RCC Contributor

Check out the For Sale section. There's a guy selling an rc10gt at a very good price. I buy a lot of my RC stuff used. Much cheaper than new and most people keep their toys in good shape. Usually upgraded parts are included. When I buy anything used I download the manual and do a complete tear down then rebuild it as if were a kit. I buy and replace all bearings and keep the old ones as spares. This way you know exactly the condition and setup. It will handle and perform as you expect.
If you think you're in control, you're not going fast enough.:GRIN:
imported_BUGNUT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #17
RCC Apprentice

what i would say to do now that its cold out, wait an extra month or 2 and save up and get a nice truggy if thats what you want. the money you will spend on parts for the cheaper trucks will all add up to more then a nice truck pretty fast.(more so now that its cold)
kyosho inferno 7.5
cen gst 7.7
mini-t brushless
irc vulcan
biggy_boie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #18
RCC Noob

A friend has a Mugen MSR Truggy for sale in great shape. Don't know the price at the top of my head. I will ask and post it.
imported_kwnitro is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:42 PM   #19
RCC Apprentice

I've already ordered the Firestorm.
It fits my needs for now and I don't plan to race this one.
imported_SideSlip is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #20
Faroh of RCTV
RCC Apprentice

get a truggy

Just like thrash metal said go get that truggy Thunder Tiger ST1 , look at it this way if Ingo from RCTV can't break it neither will you

Good luck and have fun

Producer/Host of RCTV
Faroh of RCTV is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.