GLORCS in 2008? - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2007, 06:43 PM   #51
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
There we have it, good to see so much response in favour of keeping this thing going !

Just Give Er !
Mugen Seiki Racing - Team Driver
SkyCraft Hobbies - Burlington
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #52
RCC Junior Contributor

GLORCS series

I have been reading the other forum with the discussion of rc pro and glorcs. I like Dave H have been racing rc for a long time mainly in the states, as there was really nowhere to race. 2000 world championships was my last 1/8th buggy race as I moved over to 1/5th scale on-road. I spoke to Dave one day about 1/8th off-road racing and he told me about Glorcs, I went home and went on the site. Called Dave and ordered the losi eight the next day. My first Glorcs race , I was impressed with the amount of people and level of competition, it was organized and run great. I was reminded of races in freedom hill michigan. This past year in the Glorcs series, I met many new people, and old faces, that have become good friends, I enjoyed the travelling and the three day events and was so looking forward to the 2008 season, I even put my karting season on hold to concentrate on the 08 season and devote more time to club level and glorcs races. With the thought of the glorcs series thinking of pulling the plug for next year and further years would be a bad thing. In my opinion you guys have done a great job with this series and need to keep it going as I and many will support you . I will racing at every glorcs event next year.

Thanks George s
imported_georgestilly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #53
RCC Supreme Contributor

It really will be a shame if they decide to pull the plug... this is something that was started from the ground up... It gave us all the ability to get together on a much grander scale... Don't fold something that is just starting to gather some steam... There will always be bumps along the way but that is the way we all learn isn't it?

Jamie McNeil
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #54
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

I agree that this series has done ALOT for 1/8th nitro racing and has really done a great job in bringing racers together. I'm sure that alot of racers just come out for the GLORCS races and it is always good see them and new faces too. I for one hope that the series stays, some may say that it is not the "perfect" series, but what series is? besides it is a growing series and will continue to improve
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #55
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Joseph C.

Guys i am not a racer but have seen how GLORCS brings people together. People from Quebec, Ottawa area from New York State from Windsor, London, Barrie and all Over Ontario. What a shame that would be to lose this connection and those friendships. GLORCS gives everyone a reason to come together and race together. I would doubt if a club racing series would be able to achieve all that. GLORCS MUST SURVIVE AND FLOURISH FOR EVERYONES BENEFIT.

Lets get all the HARDCORE Racers to speak up and help keep GLORCS Alive and well.
Hardcore R/C Track Owner
It's better to look at it then to look for it.
:GRIN: i been looking at it and i still can't find it.
Trakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #56
The real deal behind the wheel

Originally Posted by Dave Henry View Post
Rick, glad to here you will try and race next year (good luck, you better be a good boy this winter and work on your honeydoo list!!)
Hardcore and #5 are great tracks, you are missing out bud.

see ya at tillsonburg?
Oh ya ill see ya at Tillsonburg Dave for sure maybe even CRCRC If my Honeydoooo list is up to date and completed. Maybe flowers?? Who knows Them 2 tracks eat at me...I watch the You tube vids...I hate missing! Mel told me 3 Glorcs races last year.... I did 4 and GCH race afterwards. Shes good to me. I dont know what these guys are scared of club racing has been going on forever??? I should know I actually club race! Oh well thats either here nor there... see ya at the races like always! ya think Darko and Ben dont wanna go on any road trips...Ya whatever..

endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #57
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

i've bit my tongue so many times on this subject it hurts... lol... jokes aside... like i said before every single member on this site should be posting on this thread... without the glorcs series this website and most of the tracks in the area simply wouldn't be doing as well as they are or even flat out exist... if you want my .2 cents it think glorcs NEEDS to stay... it is the only reason i got into racing... haven't missed a glorcs race since its inception and i hope to keep the streak alive...
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #58
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

+1 to all the positive comments!,which it seems is 99% of them.

abiye you may have attended all the races but you have been a little tardy a few mornings! party on dude, waynes world!
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:12 PM   #59
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: joelr

I have a lot of great memories racing in the Glorcs series, like setting Ben Wheeler on fire with nitro, Abyies tuggy flying over a 7 foot fence in London, Chewy tring to jump his revo over a pond. It would be a shame not to be able to add to those memories. I hope to see the Glorcs series continue.
Kyosho America
Sirio Engines
Hopcraft Airbrushing
Sidewinder Fuels
Hobbycraft Canada
joelmp75 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:40 AM   #60
RCC Contributor

Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Guys if you want to discuss the pro's and cons of the two series there is already a thread going for that.

This thread is my way andothers who have posted to show that we DO NOT WANT THEM TO FOLD THE SERIES.

I am told from the horses mouth that a decision will be made this week. Last I heard they were leaning to pull the plug on the website and the series and give all the money back to the track owners. Well I don't want my money back I want a series and if enough of us hardcore racers who never post would get involved it would go along way. Abiye, Gareth, George and Jamie get in on this and let your voices be heard! I know how passionate each one of you are about GLORCS!!
Thanks Mac for redirecting...
Bottom line is the GLORCS guys need to know that the series matters,
to shops, drivers, tracks and even this forum.
I'm not suggesting there shouldn't be debate about the good or bad of GLORCS...everyone is entitled to their opinion and the debate is healthy... it leads to things...
..but I for one, don't want to imagine a summer without's been great and I hope it continues.
Home of the RadioControlMonsterPatrol
Proud Sponsor of RCTV

Rare R/C Parts

Give your vehicle the ULTIMATE RACING edge!
ROGatJOHNS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.