Just some questions - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Question Just some questions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
1st of all, is there any reason at all to buy a hellfire? The price is insane and there are better running Truggies on the market (is the Hellfire just outdated?).

2nd - I know you guys probably get sick of this but I was wondering vehicle you would recommend to a beginner Nitro user. I had a Revo for a little while in the summer but didn't have it long enough to really know what I was doing. It will be 90% bashed and 10% raced and I want something extremely reliable.

I was thinking MT or Truggy since I'll be running it in grass and rough terrain but I'm not opposed to giong with a buggy if it meets my needs. I'm looking in the 4-500 range and don't want a pull start (I'll go with a starter box for either a truggy or a buggy, and a roto start if it's going to be a MT), that much I figured out. I was also thinking about a RTR since I don't want to spend a lot of time building it and I do have good servos to replace the steering and throttle servo and I have a Spectrum to replace the radio with.

With all that in mind, I was leaning towards a Savage X 4.6 RTR and just lowering it (plus a new pipe down the road and new tires). Would you recommend something else? An LST2 looks pretty sweet but pricey (and team losi doesn't have as much support around here), or maybe an Ofna truggy or buggy.
dryankem is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
RCC Noob

I've also thought about a Hyper 7 TQ RTR. For about the same price as the Savage I could get the Hyper 7 TQ RTR, a starter box and JP3 pipe (which with the rebate and depending on which starter box, I could be looking at around $370).

Anyone have a suggestion or opinions on which would be more reliable? I'd love to go with a Truggy but they just seem overpriced.
dryankem is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
RCC Noob

i have had great luck with savage
novamoar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
RCC Contributor

my savage was the best truck iv ever owned!!
imported_xxSLiMxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
RCC Apprentice

I think it's safe to say anyone who has had a savage will highly recommend it. I do , you can't go wrong they are a blast and inexpensive to repair and the engine just keeps going and going (f4.1). I think starting with a truggy might be a little too much , there are so many tuning options with the chassis and making changes ( usually )produces very subtle results. Also most lhs will have the major parts for a savage , not usually for a truggy.
imported_jathca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:26 AM   #6
RCC Expert Contributor

I disagree I owned a Savage and it was a nightmare....I'd spend the extra dough on an LST2....
you said that you will be mostly bashing arround with it so a 2 speed Monster Truck is likely your best option.....buggies and truggies are more suited to the race track although you can bash with them...they are purpose built for the track so your paying for the upgrades on those vehicles that allow them to race......you should have kept the Revo it is an excellant MT that is a very capable race truck right out of the box....
Penny Racer with Air brakes(only one in Canada)
Paris Junction Hobbies/Morgan Fuels/Ebay
Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool
imported_RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.