Project Brushless Rustler - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by cloddyman View Post
You will really see some crazy power when you use that system at its full potential. We like to run alot of cells, as much as we can at least! My brother and I have Rustlers, and two of our friends have Stampedes. My one friend has a Mamba 5700 system in his truck, witch allows you to run up to 12 cells on the esc. ( u can only run 8 on the 6900 and 7700 motors ) so we strapped in 12 cells, and turned it on. Nothing special, makes the little activation noise... you would never know that we were about to unleash the hand of God!!!! Roll out onto the street, line the truck up, hit the throttle! And in that very instant the truck is gone!!!! The acceleration of the truck is unbelievable. Top speed is wicked fast, and it will do it all bloody day!!! I gotta credit the Mamba systems, they make chit go stupid fast... really stupid fast.

Get some higher powered packs and run more cells, hit that with something like a 8 cell 4000 mah pack, you should be smiles from ear to ears, I know i was!! You'll see!!!!!
Ya I know what ya mean. I've seen some vids on YouTube and a brushless 22v G-Maxx in person... talk about NUTS! So fast, acceleration is just ridiculous. Also, friend of mine now has the Rustler VXL with a couple of 11.1v lipos... wow. That's also quite INSANE.

I'm really just aiming for a reliable 30MPH truck though, that requires as little maintenance as possible. So far, this thing is GREAT! I just finished a tear down / rebuild, new larger bearings and carriers all around, some grease on the stubs, new 645MG steering servo... something not right with the steering, it's a bit stiff and doesn't return to center quite properly. I have ideas to fix that though, get some nice anodized linkages and whatnot for the front.
rustler_guy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #12
RCC Contributor

Project Brushless Rustler (Updated w/pics)

Updated pictures. Now using a body I got from GrafixInk awhile ago. Custom painted by the man himself. Flossin' new 2.8 black chrome traxxas rims, Victory tires on the rear and the stock Rustler VXL type rubber up front. What you can't necessarily see are the new RPM bearing carriers all around, new 5x11 bearings. I also raised the stance in the rear and put in the Futaba 3PM FS radio with Novak receiver for now. Also has a hitec 645mg servo for steering, but I need to fix the steering in general. It doesn't center very well. I'm hoping the new servo saver I picked up will fix that.

The bearings and lube job made a HUGE difference. The thing really rips now, I'm lovin' it. The thing rolls silky smooth now. I actually made it out to the school today but not until 4ish. Had several nifty jumps over one of the snow banks with decent landings. Ended up getting the RX a tad wet and starting to lose throttle control so packed it in for the day. Was a tad cold too.

Pics below, links to higher res versions.
rustler_guy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #13
Grafix Ink.
RCC Contributor

can't wait to see the progress...
__________________ - the regions rc community

Spektrum DX3.0 Controlled:
HPI Baja 5b SS | Tamiya 'Frankenstein' TNX w/t mach 427 | Thunder Tiger ST-1 w/t collari .32 | E-flite Blade CX-22
Grafix Ink. is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor

Nice car! I've got 2 questoins: Did you post a vid somewhere? And would you say it would be comparable to or faster than using an EVX speed control (from an old E-Maxx)?

imported_Fabe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #15
RCC Apprentice

I love it! Im looking into buying a Sidewinder for my rusty. Hoping it will go wayy faster. How is controlling that?
stay-fit is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.