which servo - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Crawling Discussion A place to exchange ideas and post information on crawling

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2008, 06:54 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
which servo

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Looking for some sugestions on a steering servo for our ax-10. Our stock one is a futaba S3003. We broke the mounting ears of one case and stripped the nylon gears out of another. (all from some bad rollovers). A friend has a very high end one, Hytec I think and is around 330oz but I seen it break steering nuckels. Looking for something in between, maybe around the 160oz area. Open to input. Thanks.
jarrbear is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor

Ive never broke any knuckles with my big Hitec....
Futaba has one I think the number is 9451 or 9452 it has around 150oz....
SceneSplitter is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #3
RCC Apprentice

You should never break your steering knuckles if you set end points on your radio.
WK 2.2
Baja 5b
Traxxas Slash
Traxxas E-revo w/Novak 6.5
imported_Shaggy50 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Bill

I personally run a Hitec HS645 and its perfect for a 2.2 rig such as the Axial. I do believe its rated around the 130 ounces mark, and it costs around the 40 to 50 dollar mark depending on the shop you go to. The servo has all metal gears and i have never had a problem turning 2.2 wheels with one of these. you can get more power but this is what i would recomend for a starting point. Higher torques servos do break knuckles no matter the end point adjustment, if you bind the truck up enough and hit the steering and a wheel is buried real good its gonna snap the weakest part. The servo doesnt know that your wheel is stuck in a hard spot and will turn no matter what, with or with out the knuckle,lol. Its like anything you ever do, if you give something more power you need to make sure everything around it can handle it.....
just my two cents!
cloddyman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:34 AM   #5
RCC Noob

thanks to all and I have to agree with cloddyman, from my years playing with full size 4X4's, everything is a chain, and the weakest link will show at some point.
jarrbear is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.