Total Props: 0
from the website www.tamiya.ca
2008 TAMIYA CANADIAN OFF-ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
1. "Factory Team" drivers (drivers who are, or have ever been, employed or supported by a factory, manufacturer or distributor as part of a factory racing team, this includes sponsorship that entails monthly salary and/ or paid airfare or accommodations to racing events) are not allowed to compete for prizes or awards.
1. Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufacturers unless specified here.
2. Any manufacturer's electronic speed control, radio equipment, servo saver, antenna, antenna mount, pinion and spur gears, spur gear adapter, ball bearings are allowed in all classes.
3. A 27 MHz, 75 MHz, Spec or DSM radio system must be used. Minimums of 2 frequencies are required for use at the events, unless you are using digital.
4. Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and/ or spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed and on the vehicle it was designed for. Except for the Baja 1 class, it is strictly forbidden to cut, mill or lighten the chassis. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the car in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups.
5. All bodies must be painted and must be cut along the trim lines. No extra vents or holes may be added to the body.
6. Any motor connector or direct hard wiring to the motor is allowed.
7. Any battery connector or direct hard wiring to the battery is allowed.
8. Tire conditioners are allowed on rubber tires in all classes, but may be restricted at certain venues.
9. All bodies and wings must be Tamiya. Any Tamiya wing can be used.
10. Lightweight screws that are made of aluminium, steel or titanium that are made by other manufacturers are allowed.
11. The use of thin shims (available at most hobby stores and now made available by Tamiya) to space out the slop or play in suspension arms, steering bell-cranks and wheel axles are now permitted in all vehicles except in the spec class. Shimming the aforementioned components of the car in a way that alters the geometry of the car or its basic geometry design is not legal.
12. The use of O-Rings or dust covers on shock ball ends and camber/steering links is allowed.
13. You may use any 6-cell Panasonic, Sanyo, GP, IB, and IP battery pack of 4300mah capacity or less. (Batteries must be ROAR, IFMAR, NORCA, i.e. Peak, Orion, Reedy, Pole Position, etc… approved and in original cell shrink). Unmarked cells are not allowed. (Spec battery for the Mini, Baja 2)
14. Tamiya Tires only. You are allowed to modify the tires by removing or shaving pin spikes. Rear tires can be used on front.
14. All races are 5mins.
1. All Tamiya 4WD Buggies allowed, DF02, DF03, TL01B, TRF415X, etc…
2. Tamiya Hop-Ups only and chassis lightening allowed.
3. Tamiya rubber tires, inserts, and wheels only.
4. Countersinking carbon fibre plate parts is permitted only in this class.
5. Any 7.2V 6-cell battery pack is allowed up to 4300mah. No Lipo batteries allowed.
7. Spec 19Turn Peak Dynasty or Team Orion 19 Turn Element Motors only in the Baja 1 class. Any brushes or motor springs can be used. V2 end bell is allowed as long as they have a locking tab.
1. Only Tamiya 4wd buggies with plastic “Bathtub / Monocaulk” lower chassis’ are allowed. TLO1B, DF02, DF03, etc…
2. Tamiya Hop-Ups allowed, no chassis lightening allowed.
3. Tamiya Sport tuned black can 540 motors (Item#5306 is the motor of choice, however the "Silver Can" may be used.
4. Peak racing 2400mah spec battery must be used (item# PEK4110)
1. Any Tamiya GB01 Tamtech chassis is allowed. Hornet, Frog, Fox, Buggy Champ, Desert Gator, Wild boar, etc…
2. Any Tamiya Hop-ups are allowed, no lightening allowed.
3. Any manufacturer’s sport or matched battery packs 6-cell max. (No Lipo’s)
4. Any manufacturer’s motor. (Brushed or Brushless)
5. Any Tamiya Shocks are allowed. (Metal or plastic touring car shocks allowed.)
1. Any Tamiya "M" chassis car (M01, M02, M03, MO3M, M04L, MO4M).
2. Tamiya Hop-Ups allowed, no chassis lightening allowed.
3. Kit type closed-end bell, silver can motor only. Motors must not perform better that a 1.3amp draw at 2volts on a Peak or Orion Motor Performance Monitor. Motors will be checked throughout the race day. This is being done to tighten up the racing and encourage new racers to join this low cost type of racing!
4. Peak Racing 2400mah spec battery must be used (item# PEK4110)
5. M04 may be shortened from "long" to "medium" length, when doing so, only 60D tires and medium length bodies (Eunos Roadster and Alfa Romeo GTA) can be used.
6. No 26mm tires. Only bodies, which use the 60D, size tires are allowed. No S2000, BMW M Roadster, 911, Boxster, or SLK.
7. Tamiya rubber tires only. You can however modify other Tamiya tires or existing Tamiya 60D tires for dirt use.
8. Pinion gears must follow this chart: MO3 20T pinion, MO4m with 60D tires 19T pinion. MO1/MO2 cars with 60D tires must use 20T pinion.
10. Chassis drive must follow the type of body that you are using. (i.e. No RWD Mini Coopers)
11. No wings are allowed. (Other than wing supplied in the Swift kit on the Swift body)
12. Batteries may be taped in, in lieu of using the supplied battery holder.
RALLY WRC (Canada Class only)
1. The following Tamiya chassis's are eligibility. (TAO3, TTO1, TLO1, TBO1 and FF02)
2. Must use a tub type chassis. Double deck chassis' are not allowed.
3. Only Tamiya Bodies that are representative of World Rally competition may be used.
4. Only 540 Silver Can motors can be used for the 2007 season.
5. Any Tamiya Hop-Up may be used as long as it is used for the chassis it was designed for.
6. Only the Tamiya 50476 Rally Block tire is allowed.
7. Any 7.2V 6-cell battery pack is allowed up to 4300mah. Hobby type battery packs such as Team Orion, Peak Racing, Trinity, and Reedy. Any stick or side-by-side cells.