**Note to all racers** - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
**Note to all racers**

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Guys,

Over the years I have got to know many of you quite well! I have enjoyed trading paint with many of you and yes I know you have to go slow to go fast, however that is just not as much fun!

Well I write this today to say I am sorry for the screw up about this years 9th Annual Sprucewood Invitational. Many of you have phoned me or pm'd me to thank me for the years of holding this race. I truely love holding this race and was very upest when my neighbour at Christmas dropped the bomb on me that he did not want me using his land because he was worried about Liability issues and I was shocked to find out that he did not carry any extra insurace even though he has 160 Acre farm. Hi insurance broker when he found out about my event basically scared the hell out of him as to what could happen and how he could lose everything.

So with that being said I realized there was no way I could park the over 600 people that come to my race over the course of the weekend on my side alone and I thought it was only fair to advise GLORCS asap.

They gave me a couple of weeks and my neighbour was standing fast, I even tried to buy the land to eliminate the problem however he wanted the earth the sky and the moon so when GLORCS said they needed an answer the only one I could give was no race.

Insurance is a funny thing. I actually thought (quite wrong) that last year I was at least covered for my race, however that was not so. I was expecting maybe 150 racers not over 230 as well I never expected that many spectators and my broker told me if there was a problem that insurance may not have covered the event due to the accessive number of people and them not knowing before hand!

Now many of you are saying well he does this every year and you would be correct, however the big difference in the past was the few racers that spoiled it for the rest that made me go crazy!!! (You all no the stories and I am not going to beat a dead horse) This time it was out of my control!

This time I was sad for me who wanted to host it and race it, the numerous sponsors who each year give so generously, the Lions Club so I can give back to the community and mostly the racers! Many of you who even tell me you book your holidays around my race.

I know many of you wish that I held more races however my race was always when it was to coincide with the farmer and when he took his crop off the field (last weekend before labout day) After the event he would then tear up the field to plant his winter crop. This is why my race has been on the same weekend for 8 years in a row.

Well after a 4 way conference call for over an hour late this afternoon I have changed my neighbours mind. My broker has finally found me a company that will properly insure the event and it covers not only me but my neighbour as well for the entire weekend!

So the problem now arrises what to do and here is where I need your input as racers. My race weekend is still open without conflicting any other races however it is the week after the Glorcs Great Hobbies race. I am happy for Great Hobbies and I hear nothing but great things about the track so I am reluctant to have my 9th Annual SI so close to their race. It would hurt both our attendances. I cant wait till after the series ends as it is getting late to hold off the farmer who has to plant his field. So I only have a small window!

The only real option I see is to take a year off and ask GLORCS for a race in 2009.

A possible idea (probably not agreable by other tracks or Glorcs) is to give Great Hobbies the final if it worked for them and I take my date back, just a thought!

Either way I missed the boat and will respect what ever you as racers feel!

I only wite this in the hopes that you will have some understanding why I do what I do!

Ok this is getting wayyyyyy to long!!!!

p.s. Glorcs guys please don't be mad I did not call before posting, when I got home it was to late to call, but I was so excited to finally have good news I needed to share it with all the racers
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bill N.

Wow Dave that's great news man! Extremely good to hear that you got everything straightened out. Even if the Invitational takes a year off at least we know it'll back the following year!

speed metal
Chequing Account Factory Team Driver.
Proudly sponsored by debt and taxes.
Speed Metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

either way glorcs or no glorcs....sprucewood will be pack on race day garanteed
i will be there so will the rest of racers...im willing to bet on that
no matter what the desicion im behind u dave
EXTREME R/C 905-239-5544
nico133 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
RCC Apprentice

Cool race

I'am behind you all the way. Sprucewood is a great event. And it's great news it will go again. Lets go racing.
firecatmac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

Dave thanks for what you do. Not many people have the tenacity that you have to get things done. Some would have given up. Some have given you a hard time. It you havn't wavered. What ever you do you have many people behind you. Congrats on the good news. Our prayers are with your family and business. You work so hard for everyone. Blessings
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I for one would be able to make it if you did hold your race on the date as originally planned.I was disappointed to find out that the GLORCS race had been moved to a differant weekend because I am unable to attend it now due to my schedule.I dont know about anyone else (Im sure Mark will be able to attend though)but I am definately in if you are able to hold your race this year!!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
RCC Contributor

Anytime is a good time!!!!
Losi 8ight-T2.0 | Losi 8ight-B | Associated TC5 | Losi Micro T
Team Fat Racing
mytruckluvesgas is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
RCC Senior Contributor

i think any date will be great, i was at your race for the first time last year and it was amazing so i will be there no matter what the date is:GRIN:
Team Durango DNX408T E
Tekin 2250 T8
Spektrum DX3R PRO
imported_lstmuggy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
RCC Contributor
I am: Jeff G

So Dave ... any chance the Tuesday series will go regardless of the S.I. outcome?

Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
RCC Apprentice

"It would hurt both our attendances."

I think you are right Dave it would hurt both races and thats not fair to the glorcs series besides i am getting married on aug. 23(which i moved my day too after you cancelled your race dates) so none of ftr guys will not be at your race .hopefuly we will be back in 09
mrfuller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.