Waste of my time..... - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #51
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
have you guys tried Fastcats? great too customers and go out of their way to make sure u understand what your buying. they have a huge supply of rims and tires for buggys and truggys aswell as on road and off road parts. if ur ever near the area check it out. They have a great racing facility too!
R.O.Y is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #52
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John Summach

Not knowing your inventory or where it is does not provide a customer good experience though....

I find most of the shops in my area are all ok and some are getting better. At the end of the day though it is a business and retail (especially in a niche market like RC) is a dog eat dog world and only the quality stores will survive.

I do have to hand it to fastcats though. No one here has mentioned them, but since they started the off road thing, John and Pam and the crew have FULLY embraced off road in their store in regards to inventory for all the popular cars.
Great Hobbies - Team Durango

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #53
RCC Senior Contributor

For us the racers and bashers , it's not a matter of life and death , if one store didn't have tires or a brand of car ,it 's only a hobby. For the LHS owners it's a differn't story , If they cant keep the customers happy (us) than they go under in a hurry. Not all customers can be made happy all the time !!!
-Losi 8ight
-Team Associated B4

-HotBodies VE8
-Team Associated B4.1
-FT Team Associated SC10
imported_tire_tec is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #54
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

yep fast cats got forgotten in this thread. they are an awesome store and track they put alot of work into the store and then they redid the whole store after to make it even better. everything is organized and they have parts for all current offroad cars. i dont know about onroad since i dont own one. prices there are very good too and if you ask for something to be in stock they will order a few so its always there.

Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #55
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

i second that motion

i went through the archives section on the forum and looked up ziggys post for selling the m11 with the spektrum pro module which was posted aug/07 and no where does it say anything about spektrum pro receivers.

it only states pro module. so lime where do you get off whining that you got taken and lied to buddy?

the regular spektrum receivers work with the pro module to begin with. its funny that obviously you have been using the m11 and the the recievers and you wait until now to say that ziggy lied to you and took advantage of you?

so really you should get your facts straight...

this whole post started by ziggy was a legitimate beef with driving all the way to hobby hobby after being told they had the tires in stock and then when he got there was told they dont have them oops.. the owner even said he was looking at them while he was talking to him while he was talking to him on the phone.

so now we hear the tires were actually in stock but tom once again made a mistake. well then maybe he shouldnt have said they were in stock if he wasnt sure. why didnt he check with somebody there to confirm if they were in stock or not? is that such a difficult thing to do?

if you arent familiar with your inventory and whats in stock/not in stock you shouldnt be telling customers on the phone . get someone who knows for sure. is that too much to ask of a hobby store?
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #56
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thread has been placed back in service...

All I ask is that there are no swearing keep it civil and if it needs to get a little R rated take it to PM's.
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #57
RCC Contributor

still waiting

I orderd some st-r gears (diff gears pinion & crown)left my number
6 months later was in the area so i stoped in
they only had 1 pinion out of 4 gears
6 months
1 stop to infernosonly.com 2 days later all in my hand
trevor called me himself and told me my parts where in com in get them

hobbyhobby please read and fix this as your the closest to my house
i want to support canadian stores but comm on 6 months i dont care what you do buy them yourself off the web and sell to me evin if you make nothing just to keep customers happy

Vokal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #58
RCC Junior Contributor

hobby hobby service

I have had several problems with hobby hobby. Poor service, standing in the store waiting help and being egnored, and oh yeah one time I ordered a set of lundsford tie rods for my savage and gave them my phone number to call me when they were in. mounths later my brother is in the store and I call to get him to ask if they are in yet..... He told me they said they had no clue what I was talking about. This has happened several times at this store.

I give most of my buisness to Action Hobbies @ Dixie and Steels. He's a small store and does'nt have a huge inventory but he will order anything you want and get it fast. When you order with him he puts the parts order in the computer while your talking to him and gives you a delivery date you can count on!! Never been let down yet.
Jammin x1-cr Factory Team

HPI Baja SS & Savage:GRIN:

Mini LST2

Action Hobbies in Brampton Rocks!

alfierc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #59
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
I do have to hand it to fastcats though. No one here has mentioned them,
you should READ the full thread John, specifically post#10 and #51 (just previous to our post)... Fastcats is great but thats NOT the topic in this thread.

I agree with Jeff, Hobby Hobby has MANY years of experience with all RC... how many other hobby shops have been open for 25+ years (they must be doing something right!) Ive been visiting Hobby Hobby for years and will continue to support them and all LHS. Supporting our LHS is very important for future hobbyists... you cant physically touch the mechanical details on the computer screen... (if you have kids you know they have to touch everything) Ive said I don't like playing with money in the Net and will continue to spend my cash in our LHS.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #60
RCC Junior Contributor

I posted a 'rate your LHS' thread a while back and it was locked...
imported_[evo] is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.