mamba max update - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #21
RCC Contributor
I am: David Mandl

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
AHHH I just pulled my spektrum receiver out and although it looks brand new I put it too my ear and shook it for a joke...and low and behold there is something rattleing around in kinda sounds like about 75 bucks going into the toilet

Oh well I wanted to spend some cash on that 3R radio anyways LOL
2006 RC10B4
2006 RC10T4 FactoryTeam
1989 RC10 Graphite
1984 RC10 OldGold
Tekin RC10MidEngineConversion

Spektrum DX3
Mamba 4600 system
MaxAmps 5000
Sphere Competition ESC
Novak 7.5 L
Yuntong 5000
imported_superfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #22
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

see whats inside i got rocks in mine before and the circuit board in mine isnt secured well so that rattles. suprisingly these spekturms are hard to kill mine was covered in water before and it even looks like a little resistor is burned out but it still works perfect. check the antenna too some of them had problems and had to be recalled.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #23
RCC Junior Contributor

Originally Posted by superfly View Post
AHHH I just pulled my spektrum receiver out and although it looks brand new I put it too my ear and shook it for a joke...and low and behold there is something rattleing around in kinda sounds like about 75 bucks going into the toilet

Oh well I wanted to spend some cash on that 3R radio anyways LOL
Sounds like this is a known issue. Check out this link, might resolve your issues.

Here's a cut and paste directly from the Spektrum website.

Static Electricity Shut-down Fix for Surface Users
Thursday, January 12, 2006

While the vast majority of Spektrum surface users are experiencing the benefits of no-pins, no-interference, no-glitching DSM digital control, a few customers have reported their system “shuts-down” on occasion – usually when operating on carpeting. Our engineers traced the source of the problem to electrostatic discharge (ESD) and have developed a fix that completely solves the issue. If you have experienced a shut down issue, first check your unit’s antenna (see “Simple Fix for Shut-Down Issue” below). If the antenna is not the issue, please send your Spektrum module and receiver to our service center for a fast and free software upgrade. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Simple Fix for Module "Shut Down" Issue

A few of our customers are experiencing a “shut down” condition with their Spektrum module systems. A “shut down” can occur in a hard crash, or while running in a specific area of the track. It is characterized by a loss of power to the servos. To reactivate the system, it is necessary to turn the receiver off, and then back on again to resume normal operation. Shut downs are most prevalent when racing on carpet due to static electricity, however they can also occur on any surface during a hard crash.

This issue is not a related to DSM technology, but is a result of an improperly routed antenna inside the transmitter, which causes a compromised link quality. If you’ve experienced a “shut down”, please return your transmitter module to Spektrum’s service center for quick repair, which involves installing a new, longer internal antenna wire with the correct routing. While this issue affects relatively few modules, you can easily check your transmitter module to determine if your system has the proper routing - refer to the instructions below.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We are committed to achieving perfect reliability and your total satisfaction with Spektrum products.

Note the antenna coax is routed under the main radio board.

The antenna coax is routed over the board in close proximity to power capacitors and IC’s compromising signal integrity. Please return to Spektrum for service. In the case of Futaba Hitec modules, a longer antenna wire will be needed.
88wingnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.