MaxAmps 6000 Lipo :) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: David Mandl

Total Props: 0
MaxAmps 6000 Lipo :)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I got a MaxAmps 6000 Lipo for Xmas and I just want to let everyone know that it is an AWESOME battery...So much punch (120amp rating) and the run time is just forever...I think I might have run 15 mins and I dont think the battery was even at half power...I think it will be perfect for Sids 20 min truck mains next summer...Although I'm hearing a rumour about possible battery changes as a rule next summer??? Not sure how that will work if it is true...

Anyways I'm very happy with this battery, however, if you have the T4/B4 graphite factory team battery strap you might have an issue with the way the battery wires come out of the pack. The wires come out of the top of the battery, not the side...meaning you need to have the wire go "through" the holes in the B4 battery strap since it will not be able to go around it if that makes sense. The factory team strap is a soild piece with no you might have a prob there...Just as a FYI as i was surprised by 3000s come out the side and i had to dremel out a slot out of the chassis...this is actually a lot better.

I think for my next pack i might just buy 5000s as I dont really see the point of the huge amphour packs unless youre going to do a 20 min race...I'm tempted to even try a 4000 lipo but i dont want to get into the problem i was having with the 3000s...

The 3000s might be a little light so the 4000s might be perfect...

4000s for truck qualifying and 6000s for the 20min mains...:GRIN:
2006 RC10B4
2006 RC10T4 FactoryTeam
1989 RC10 Graphite
1984 RC10 OldGold
Tekin RC10MidEngineConversion

Spektrum DX3
Mamba 4600 system
MaxAmps 5000
Sphere Competition ESC
Novak 7.5 L
Yuntong 5000
imported_superfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
Muhahaha, another "Outlaw Stadium Truck" contender....

Hey Super, I bought two Apogee 5800's just for that class. I figure I will charge them all ahead of time and use the one for all 3 qualifiers and the other for the mains.

The advantage being that I won't have to fiddle around with set-up between the qualifiers and mains due to different battery weights.

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
re max amps lipos

i agree with you there dave about the max amps.

i have a 2 cell 6000 mih and also a 3 cell 6000 mih . they are perfect for the 20 minute truck main at sids this season.

i dont have a problem fitting the 2 cell max amps lipo into my t4 but the 3 cell is too thick to use the battery hold down strap so i just use good old zip ties to hold it in plus i put velcro on the bottom of the lipo. works great.

although i use max amps lipos i must add that i also own an apogee 3 cell lipo and a flight power 3 cell lipo as well. all excellent batteries.
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.