What's the deal? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Crawling Discussion A place to exchange ideas and post information on crawling

Old 02-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Auctially RCCO is my site. Ive made Cloddyman a moderator. I'm surprised he reacted that way. Its not like him.

I race on road, off road, some nitro, mostly electic. And of corse I crawl. Crawling is just another aspect of the hobby. From experience it takes as much skill to race on a track as it does to crawl on the rocks. Its a fun aspect of the hobby. And usually a friendly aspect of the hobby. Perhaps is just how the coment was stated that made him respond that way.

I hope you do give crawling a try. Its hard to explain why but crawing is as much or more fun than racing on a track.

Your right this section of the hobby isnt that popular in Canada yet. But It is growing extreamly fast.
RCCO - Radio Control Crawlers of Ontario

fabguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #12
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 1
Originally Posted by fabguy View Post
Auctially RCCO is my site.
it's funny you keep pointing that out to anyone who will listen.

maybe we should make another site for all of us.

honestly man drop the attitude.

as for this thread, dirtysanchez i think if your title had not been so in your face as was you initial question then you might have got a warmer reception.

this is another prime example of why certain people should not have kids.
lime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #13
RCC Apprentice
I am: Brad D

Originally Posted by dirtysanchez View Post
Maybe it is just me but what is so exciting about crawling?

No disrespect intended but is it a love it or hate it kinda thing?
All else aside... I have had on-road nitro cars, T-Maxx's and Buggy's... honestly the speed thing wears thin. Like others have posted it takes a lot of skill to crawl, not to mention 99% of crawler trucks are made buy the owner (much more skill involved). If anything I think it may be more about people who love to build/tinker and push their creation beyond what flat out speed can achieve.

Maybe its just because I am getting older.
Zurbz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #14
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Bill

Originally Posted by dirtysanchez View Post
Just because I have 4 posts does not mean I am new to the hobby.
I see you run your own forum, great skillz behind the keyboard by the way Pardon me if the question wasn't phrased the way you would like it. I'll know better next time

Thank you cancruiser. I did not mean anything by the question just wanted to know why so many felt so passionate about their crawlers. Maybe I was missing something, apparently was missing the attitude and wouldn't fit in with cloddyman.

So the question has to be asked cloddyman. Why are you on here when you have your own forum? Oh that's right it is a niche market and is not that popular yet (notice I said yet). Well I for one would have like to understand more about them but have been turned off by your ignorance.

Sorry for this stupid post as you would put it.

I guess I will take my son and find something else that is a little slower for him to try.

I moderate another ROCK CRAWLING specific site, i dont own nor do i have full control of it. Your question did come off with attitude, My response was not to tell you off and make you go cry. I here it enough from many RC'ers that crawling is too boring and requires no skill, its a waste of time and a waste of money, and it will never amount to a decent segment of the hobby.
This i defend, not just to you but to any and everybody out there that questions it. Crawling was a solo sport no more than three years ago, people that built crawlers did so because they found a video online and said wow i want one. Three years ago parts couldnt be bought at your local hobby store for a crawler. Most guys like myself and Fabguy and others here had to fabricate what we wanted to make a crawler rig. This is our reason for passion. Our trucks come from hours and hours, of bench time, hand made cut and bent pieces because the parts we wanted were just not available.
Now, three years later, there isnt a single part that you cant get in aluminum for a crawler, either tlt, wheely king, axial, clodbuster, etc.
Its our time put into making a custom 1 of a kind truck, that you cant just go and buy from the store, and make it run and climb amazing that is why we do this.

I am on this forum as it is a General cover everything forum, and it has a crawling section. As well i was here before the RCCO forum started. I am also a member of www.rccrawler.com and rcuniverse.com.
Just cuz i moderate somewhere doesnt mean i would stop being a member on sites that i have been on for a long time.

My response was not that of ignorance, i apologize for it to seem that way, but it seemed that you were just posting to get a kick, you did not seem interested in crawling, your second reply also showed that you werent. you only defended track racing and how much you like crashs. you offered no other question of interest in the crawlers, you came in said whats the big deal and that was it. I am all for new people to come out and crawl, im the first person to hand my controller over to anyone to let them try my truck. and i dont think anyone here will argue as most that have been to the meets have driven my trucks. Im an easy going guy with attitude and i was merely defending the part of this hobby that i love. My apologies go to you for misunderstanding your statement.

cloddyman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #15
RCC Master Contributor

Originally Posted by lime View Post
it's funny you keep pointing that out to anyone who will listen.

maybe we should make another site for all of us.

honestly man drop the attitude.

what was your point?
imported_ICSAM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 AM   #16
RCC Junior Contributor

as you can see buy my signature i race onroad, offroad and i like to bash. i also crawl. i have been into crawling for 2 and half years and it is the most fun i have. if there is a meet this summer i might out and meet the other crawlers out there. but for me it is just relax and go slow. there are not of onroad or offroad tracks in ontario but there are alot of rocks to climb, and were we climb this week it will be different next week because of snow or rain where the tracks will most likely stay the same. but i will still race onroad and offroad, oh and somebodysaid some thing about watching cars go around in circles. why do people make fun of stock car racing. it is fun.
mugen mbx5-t prospec x2
wheely king rockcrawler
axial scorpion
revo 3.3 racer
Savage Axiol 28 3 speed(that has been 2 hell and back and wants more)
Rc18t Momba Comp X
micro mini-t
tamiya Mo3-M
tamiya TG-10
offroadjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #17

I am sorry that I didn't think more before I posted. Maybe I will be able to make it out and check them out 1st hand. My apologies if I came across in a negative way.

I have learned something from this as I hope you have too.

Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
RCC Apprentice
I am: Patrick B.
Radio of choice:
Futaba FASST
# of RCs: 22

I like crawling, cuz i like watching the suspension and tires work over the rocks. I guess you can say I like the technical aspects of rock crawling. That and its a good reason to add another vehicle to my collection.:GRIN:
Tamiya TA03F-Pro * TA05 * TA05-R * TA05ifs-R * FF03-Pro * F103 * F201 * M-03 * TG10mk.2 * DF03 * F350 * CC01
HPI Blitz 3S
Enroute Berg Tracer
Traxxas Revo2.5r Brushless
Aquacraft Supervee27R
liquidgenesis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #19
RCC Noob

I like crawling for all the technical stuff going on. I like making my own parts and seeing them work. Because it happens at a slow speed, I feel more confident in my skills to be able to control it, unlike flying a heli where if you screw up it costs big buck$ to fix it.
imported_heyok is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #20
RCC Noob

I'm with Heyok on this one, I enjoy making a rig come together and seeing if it will crawl. If you don't understand what crawling is about its obviously not for you and you should stick to what your into.

Freedom is what crawling is about really, my TA05 is only tunable, my offroaders are tunable but my crawlers are all fully custom.
imported_4mods is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.