GO 3+2 Port and EFRA 2047 3-Chamber pipe. - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2008, 12:11 AM   #21
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

Total Props: 0
break in

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I would like to add my experience to this with the GO tech .21R Spec. Today, me and justin where breaking this engine in. This is my first time to break an engine in and i was nervous so he helped me. I thank him for that. I learned allot in how to break an engine in. What i learned i can apply to my next GO engine i get. My back up 3 port blue head. Bill let me know if you can get this particular engine.

Anyways, i went on my porch and justin started her up. This is the 2nd tank on this engine. The engine idled good but not enough. it died a few times but it happens. At the time i was running a O.S P7 plug which was a medium. I then got a P3 plug which was the recommended plug. The O.S P3 plug is an ultra hot plug. I switched plugs, justin started her up and presto! she idles a whole tank! After that, i went to a school down my street and started tank 3. We richened her up and of course kinda boring but showed power. The average temp on tank 3 was 160. Then went on to tank four was running rich but you can start to see some of the power same thing as tank 3 temp was avg 160. Then went on to tank 5 you can start to see the power more and was waking up. We kinda leaned her in a bit and started to see power but didn't want that to early so, we richen her a bit and still had power but, was running rich. the bottom end was rich and the top end was rich as well. The temp was lower, avg 152. Tank number 6, the engine waken up more and you can see the power. we leaned her in a bit but, to much power for tank #6 so, we richen the top end. The power starts to come out and the torque seems to be there also it starts to be snappy. The avg temp was 165. The last tank #7, she waken up but, not wide awake. But man do we start to see the power in this engine top end is amazing so as the bottom also the engine is snappy which is good. The engine was pretty snappy and was running at a temp of 155 which shocked me. This engine stays cool which i like and seems easy to tune. Very easy to start. The Mechanical pinch is still there but, that's a good sign.I took off the glow plug to put three drops of after run in her. This break in was good because, i see a nice golden color on the piston and the glow plug. I got to say i am very impressed with this engine. The top is seems to be there as well as the bottom. The pipe i was using was a dynamite 007HT pipe. I will try a 053 and a 086 pipe and see which one is better. This is the best purchase in engine i made and this engine is going to rock! The price man you cannot beat the performance of this engine and quality. Very impressed so as justin. The experience was just great no problems what so ever. When you purchase this engine use the recommended plug or something similar. The 97T plug by odonnel is great to i know allot of people are using this plug for this and engine and works out to be great. Great engine, Great experience, Great performance, Great Price! GO TECHNOLOGY GO! Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:17 AM   #22
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bill N.

Yup it's a beauty engine that's for sure. The value of the GO engines is unparalleled! I'm happy with mine so far. But I'll let you know after I have it out on the track. Feedback on the 5-port has been very good so far too. My 7-port will be coming soon for my buggy and I'll be set!

speed metal
Chequing Account Factory Team Driver.
Proudly sponsored by debt and taxes.
Speed Metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #23
RCC Junior Contributor

it looks awsome. looks almost like a picco .28
yel06gt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #24
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

time on the .21R Spec

I ran this engine at 200F it was fairly rich, ran a dynamite 053mr pipe and a o.s p3 plug. I got 10 minutes of runtime on this engine which is pretty good. tomorrow i am going to lean her out because, i ran 2 idle tanks, and 10 brake in tanks. Now she's ready for optimal tunning. The thing i like about the engine the most is that this engine idles all day. It idles through a whole tank and i just give her a few pulls on the throttle to clear her out and she's good to go! Another update tomorrow. Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.