RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
yel06gt
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Trinity NOW!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just got my trinity now 1/16 brushless lipo powered truck. At first i thought it was a good deal. Brushless Mamba and lipo powered right out of the box with an fm radio for $189 what more could you ask for. I opened the box and there it was. The first thing that caught my attention was the cheep body and decals. It looks like they drew on some tissue paper and glued it to the body. After I pulled the body off i realized what i payed for. It looked like decent quality for a mini. So i charged the lipo up and tested it. This thing flies, that little motor is impressive. I ran it for about 5 minuts and found that its hard to keep on the ground and it wants to flip constantly. The third time it flipped, the wheel came rolling past me. I broke the c hub and control arm. Oh well * happens. Than I tried to get parts for this thing. Good luck no one has anything for them yet and its going to be another month before i can get parts for this POS. My recomendation is dont buy one unless you have use for the parts. The price of the motor, speed controller, battery and charger are worth it though to buy the kit. They are also coming out with aluminum parts too for it maybe than it will be better but for NOW! stay away if you dont have anything to to put the electrics in after you have broken it.
yel06gt is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
imported_losi_eye
RCC Apprentice

Wow! That's a lot different than the review in the March issue of Xtreme RC Cars. You've gotta wonder about what they put in the mags. I noticed the body pics in XRC looked kinda chintzy. Thanks for the warning. I think I'll go with the Losi Slider for my money.
Losi_eye
XXX-T Sport II-Orion 15T-Crowd Pleazer
Loads of Trinity Bling
GRP, Losi, Proline Tires
GRP, RPM, Losi Wheels
Drive it like ya' stole it
imported_losi_eye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #3
yel06gt
RCC Junior Contributor

ya I read the same article thats why i bought one. you are better off going with the losi. you can get parts for it anywhere.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
imported_00nothing
RCC Contributor

I make it a rule to never trust magazine reviews picture this rc car action does a review on the latest and greatest HPI product and trashes it

how many THOUSANDS of lost advertising dollars is that going to relate to. Go back thru all your old mags find a bad review and then find the next months issue and see if the manufacturer is still advertising if you want to know how good someting is wait till someone else buys it and gives a impartial review jsut as yelo has, sorry to hear the truck didnt turn out what u hoped for but for the price and what it comes with at least u can build a decent brushless from the parts
imported_00nothing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
yel06gt
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nothing View Post
I make it a rule to never trust magazine reviews picture this rc car action does a review on the latest and greatest HPI product and trashes it

how many THOUSANDS of lost advertising dollars is that going to relate to. Go back thru all your old mags find a bad review and then find the next months issue and see if the manufacturer is still advertising if you want to know how good someting is wait till someone else buys it and gives a impartial review jsut as yelo has, sorry to hear the truck didnt turn out what u hoped for but for the price and what it comes with at least u can build a decent brushless from the parts
thanks man. ah thats why we are all here to educate each other. at least no one else will make the same mistake.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
brent-kyle
RCC Master Contributor

I am: kyle
Radio of choice:
kicx 106

ohhh man that sucks, got any piks of this, beast of a truck!?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #7
imported_johndeerekid
RCC Expert Contributor

that sux! post up sum pics so we can see this ugly thing -Wes

Traxxas E-maxx a.k.a. p-maxx(purple maxx)
!!!RAD TOYZ U GUYZ R THE BEST!!!

EXPLOSIVE RACING TEAM MEMBER-
imported_johndeerekid is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
zoomroom
RCC Contributor

Part #

If you could post the part # of the part in question I have the TRI 30905 front uprights (blue alum) in stock from the NEXT, might work for you and shipping ain't a problem.

Thanks
Hank

Team Associated RC8/Jammin .21
Tamiya 801xt
Tamiya Tamtech Porsche
Tamiya Tamtech Frog
Tamiya F350 Hilift
Tamiya CC01 SCALE CRAWLER
CRC Gen X
BYRONS FUEL
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
yel06gt
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent-kyle View Post
ohhh man that sucks, got any piks of this, beast of a truck!?
i will put some up tonight
Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
yel06gt
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomroom View Post
If you could post the part # of the part in question I have the TRI 30905 front uprights (blue alum) in stock from the NEXT, might work for you and shipping ain't a problem.

Thanks
Hank
thanks i will send you the part number
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.