OS 18 tz issue - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #11
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Oh yeah, 20% Blue Thunder fuel and using the standard replacement plug recommended by OS. No idea if it was broken in properly, before I bought.
imported_VooDoo0528 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor

definitely check the rod... How is compression BTW?
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #13
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

you should also definately check the rear bearing for signs of wear, if the crank can move up/down or side/side at all the rear (and front probably) is worn to the point the bearing may be shedding pieces which will cling to a glow plug coil and fail it, you can see the pieces if you look through a magnifying glass at the coil of the plug
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
RCC Master Contributor
I am: kyle
Radio of choice:
kicx 106

when i first got into RC, my glow plugs never dies out, it was my ignitor that was crap, it was a bad one, as soon as i got a good one all my plugs the i "thought" were bad are good. so try a friends ignitor, you never know... unless the plug is mangled then it probley is gone, but give it a try!
need another MUGEN !!!
brent-kyle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #15
RCC Noob

nitro gremlin?

i've had a Radio Shack 60x - 100x pocket microscope (Model 63-1133) in my pitbox for years and it come in really handy to read glow plugs and inspect parts it's about the size of an ipod and is only like $10 though it's rarely in stock the can order it for you

secondly the "tune" of nitro engines is to verying degrees affected by all of the following and any change to any of these factors you should consider a re-tune

1 air temp (richen if temp goes down) or vise versa (vv)
2 air pressure (richen if barometric pressure goes up)vv
3 altitude (richen if your altitude goes down)vv
4 humidity (richen if humidity goes down)vv
5 fuel (nitro content, oil content & brand) (richen for higher nitro content) vv (lean for higher oil content)vv
6 air Leaks (the worst kind of gremlin if you just cant get your motor to hold a tune or react to tuning the way you expect it to this may be the problem)
7 low compresion (time for a rebuild?)
* finally this ones important if for any reason the motor is running with no smoke your probably gonna wanna richen it up
** a dirty clogged air filter effectively richens your engine and robs performance so keep em clean and oiled

there is a tuning guide read at http://www.rchobbies.org/cars_eng-tuning.htm
STORM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.