Reedy LiPo - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Reedy LiPo

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, Reedy is proud to introduce reliable and powerful 7.4V 20C Li-Po battery packs designed specifically for use in R/C cars and trucks.

A unique hard case design helps protects the battery from damage. Integrated locking nubs simulate sub-c cell profiles to allow the battery to be easily installed in slotted touring car chassis. By simply flipping the battery over, perfect installation in off-road vehicles is achieved.

Reedy makes available a choice of two capacities to suit enthusiasts’ application and budget requirements. Both come equipped with 14AWG silicone wire and a Tamiya® style connector. The 5000mAh Pro model comes equipped with 12AWG wire only so that the user can install his favorite plug.

Reedy Li-Po batteries offer many advantages over traditional Ni-MH batteries:

* Exclusive case design helps protect the battery from damage while allowing easy installation in touring car and off-road chassis
* Up to 30% longer runtime than NiMH batteries of equal capacity
* Lighter than Ni-MH batteries of equal capacity
* No limit to the number of consecutive uses
* Improved cell efficiency results in less energy lost as heat and greater power output
* Battery can be charged well in advance of use with no loss in performance
* Reduced maintenance
* Longer lifespan (up to 10 times!) reduces battery costs
* Balancing connector included - no complicated wiring required!

Length: 139mm
Width: 46mm
Height: 23.1mm excluding nubs /25.1mm including nubs
Weight: 198g
Discharge: 64A continuous, 80A-128A burst
Passes UN T1-T8 testing

Length: 139mm
Width: 46mm
Height: 23.1mm excluding nubs /25.1mm including nubs
Weight: 265g
Discharge: 100A continuous, 125A-175A burst
Passes UN T1-T8 testing

MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
great find Steve,
I bet alot more manufacturers besides Reedy are developing LiPo packs to meet the demand. That Reedy5000 details look sweet... Everyone wants one now, I own two and I must admit never experienced anything like them. The power delivery and what feels like endless punch is awesome. The best thing about them is you only need two or three compared to six or seven NiMH.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
With two 5000mAh LiPo packs you could run 3 qualifiers and a Main without needing to recharge them at the track. Very nice!

The other feature I like about LiPo vs NiMh is that the charge does not have to be fresh in order to get good punch. I have charged my LiPo batts. days in advance of a race.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.