Race with the cops - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Race with the cops

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i was playing my savage at the parking lot of scarborough town center tonight, and maybe because the huge sound, a cop comes.He told me that the noise scared the * out of him, so he come and check it out.
Later he said, that car is pretty fast, and "do you want to do a race"? Well it's fine with me, so we did a little drag race and the savage smoked his cop car. lol....
Afterwords i told him that i was just test the new setting on my savy and if i know he wants a race, i'd rather took my fast 18ss on road....
anyway. it was funny...
zmft is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
And some people wonder why cops get a bad rap Well at least he was out doing what he should be stopping instead of just hanging out at Tim Hortons.

No offense to those who may be cops that are on the up & up and do their job, but sorry, that cop doesn't sound like one of those cops. Cool as it may have been to drag race a cruiser, seeing your tax dollars at work like that should you off
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

he was just being Human,i bet no speeding laws were broken and as a taxpayer see nothing wrong with that at all PUBLIC Relations is great.There should be a Metro or Durham Police Race team in the RC World or any other Police Force in Ontario that would like to join in.
2-Brushless Kyosho Hang on Riders
revo converstion MMM powered
Brushless Gorillamaxx/Lipo powered
Portable Nazcar Track(is here)+ 15 BRP cars

Wizard is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thats funny man!

I was crossing the border with a buddy of mine, on our way to the Big Kahuna race at FTR in Michigan, and the fella' at the border made us pop the trunk!

He slammed the trunk closed, came back up to the side of the car, and a 5 minute Q & A session got started! How fast are they? Where do you race them? How much they worth? (that was a scary one..lol) on and on and on...

Ended up with him wishing us luck, and he gave us the 'thumbs up'. Friggin' hilarious!!!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
RCC Noob

generally speaking, cops here in toronto do nothing except catching speeding and write parking tickets every day, nothing else.
They're really good at doing that. Every time you speeding, they got you. Other than that, when you need actual help, like my friend had a break in at home,(which is a house),the poor girl scared *less and call the cop, it tooks half a day for them to come, and 3 other days to get the evidence, and didn't got anyone at last. It seems all like just a show. so what could you expect more? I totally give up hope on them.
zmft is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris topher

Nothing wrong with racing one of our cops ... afterall ... he suggested it ! And, he gets points for interactions with the public!

Why not I say ...

And as far as our tax dollars go ... I'm sure there are worse things going on out there that we can worry about ... just look at city hall. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... now that is funny !
GearHead is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:19 AM   #7
Grafix Ink.
RCC Contributor

nice.... beleive there was a story like this awhile back as well...

thats the great thing about rcs... they bring such curiosity to people.
DurhamRC.com - the regions rc community

Spektrum DX3.0 Controlled:
HPI Baja 5b SS | Tamiya 'Frankenstein' TNX w/t mach 427 | Thunder Tiger ST-1 w/t collari .32 | E-flite Blade CX-22
Grafix Ink. is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #8
RCC Contributor
I am: Nathan Stewart

Wtf ??

Guys !

What do you think life would be like in our civilived country if we didnt have the non corrupt police force we do ?

We have some dedicated staff out there doing the best job that policy makers are allowing them to do (Native Land Claims, Tazer / Fire-arm restrictions etc)

If you think police are always the bad guy, maybe you should think about what it is you are doing for society that is so damed special ??
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jeremy S.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

[QUOTE=, seeing your tax dollars at work like that should you off[/QUOTE]

I think my tax dollars can handle a the 10 or so minutes he spent interacting with the public, I would rather see that then the cop harassing the guy about the noise or endangering public safety or some other nonsense

There are a few decent cops in the world and I think This individual probably was one
imported_Bubba is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #10
RCC Expert Contributor

i think this story is
what cop is going to be stupid enough to drag race some kids rc car in scarborough town centers parking lot,have you seen how visible that lot is,any time of the day?
Wizzle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.