|04-01-2008, 09:09 PM||#1|
RCC Supreme Contributor
Join Date: May 2004
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Total Props: 0
Garage Sale New Rules
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Effective April 13, 2008 these new rules will be strictly enforced in the GARAGE SALE SECTIONS.
Please note the new rules below...
There will be NO bumping Garage sale threads- period.
No trash talking in anyones thread - period.
Bumping serves absolutely NO purpose at all and it's this premise which has to be understood by all. It's makes a mockery of the sales/wanted/trades section as bumps spawn bumps. The whole idea of "my sale being more important than yours" is disrespectful toward others at best.
TTT - Bump - Still for sale - Bump her up - come on! - Season nearly on us now - Still available - so and so is a great seller - I've seen this buggy, it's mint...........All examples of pure crap
- Any post not pertinent to the sale [by ANYBODY] is a bump
- Any lame attempt at providing more [irrelevant] info is a bump
- Any decrease in price by an insignificant amount of money is a bump [5% or less]
- Any testimonial info from the sellers friends are [arranged] bumps... (bump for my teamate etc...)
- Updates to the sale is fine so long as it's worthy of mention only.
Most subsequent info added to sales items could as easily be edited into the first post of the thread.
- it's not necessary to make posts saying you sent/received PMs either, if the recipient is reading the post will have seen the PM - D'uh !
All Bumps are simply removed (moved to the admin section for other admin to see) with a simple canned PM sent to the perp. Repeat bumping gets the thread closed. Users who just can't seem to grasp it get banned from the section for a period of time.
The killing/removal of unrelated posts on sales threads also calms the flaming. Disputes should be handled via PM's and/or by contact with the Admin. if a user is proved to be unreliable or dishonest, then the admin can ban them from that section.
We @ ORRC feel that this has become necessary due to constant issues coming up with flaming and irrelevant bumps.
It's a sale section after all, not a discussion area.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|