The new for sale rules - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2008, 07:15 AM   #21
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
New rules ok

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
FREE Forum - mods/owners set the rules.PERIOD.
As an adult seller/buyer/reader/poster, some the of the juvenile exchanges are about as frustrating as spending the day in an unruly kindergarten class(or worse a grade 7 class).
Regarding bumps, this only serves to reduce impulse purchases which I am likely to do. The savings for me may be enormous. when I am looking for something or thinking of adding something to the fleet, I search for it. Amazingly a short list of exactly the type of thing I am looking at appears.

How wasteful was all this typing. An opinion on something I can not or should not be able to change(except with my feet).
Todd_TORC is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:26 AM   #22
RCC Contributor
I am: Derek R

I would have to agree with Bubba on this. I don't recall any particular instance of me being annoyed by people bumping their stuff.

Although, I have heard quite a few complaints from the mods over the years about how much work it is for them to keep up with censoring all of the new posts. This sounds like another make work project. I would think that the simplest solution is to let the section remain as is and field the odd complaint from any individual member.
Doc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #23
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: R.C.

I may be banned for writing this but I understanded Traxxas' for sale rule but in this forum and the new rules I just read today, I appreciated that I was able to sell all my items with what I believe to be legitimate bumps, but can I say this.... CUBA!!!!

I agree with Tekno and the other comments that I just read. Limit the bumps or just get rid of the for sale section all together if it's really irritating some people.

Just my two cents and thinking for the new people getting into the hobby and want to sale there stuff in the future to buy new stuff. Get it... promote this hobby as I've heard many of times.
The ROC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #24
RCC Senior Contributor

I don't think that the new rules are going to kill the section, they are put in place to help make it fair for everyone.
It will give everyone a chance to post a sale item that will stay in the order of the date posted. I don't think it is fair to keep a post at the top of the forum by the way of multiple bumps. Periodic bumps would be a nightmare to mod. If everyone follows the rules it will be just a matter of going through a few pages to find what is current. The ones that sell get removed to help with the clutter of the forum. The fact of the mater is that most people are selling older stuff to recoup some money to buy new gear, if there is gear that is just not going to sell then no amount of bumping by either friends or seller is going to help sell the stuff. This is something that we all know but don't alway want to admit. If I posted an older RC 10 GT with a stock engine I know there is a chance that it will not sell ... I just post it and hope for the best. The general rule is that used gear is worth half of what it was new at the best of times. If after afew weeks there is no response then it would be time to rethink the value of the gear and repost a price that will yield a sale or peg it to the wall as art.

I just thought to give my opinion in hopes that it might help this topic.
Ya, Ya I know, I see the carnage, but it's still race-able. Isn't it?
imported_Izzy-Racing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #25
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

I love this site. It's the best rc site ive been too. The people in this rc community are very nice and i made friends on this site. I just think the limiter would be a great idea and know one able to post on your for sale thread is a good idea. Why?

The limiter
-The limiter would keep things nice and clean and give people that post their products a chance.
-i would think personally, most people on this site bump the thread every 2days
-prevents from going to the bottom of the list
-this way everyone could benefit from the equality.

No posts
-this would eliminate flame wars and trash talks
-eliminates bumps (only allowed to bump once per......days and only user that posted the thread could do it.
-more clean and this would be a true add
-there's pm and the orrc im here so yoy can contact how ever

I'm just stating my own opinion as stated in the first post. This system imvho, would work amazing and make the for sale forum wayyyy better. and the way this system works everyone gets a chance. Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #26
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jeremy S.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

all I am saying is that once a post is off the first or second page it is all but ignored thats why they are bumped on occasion or if you are the sell you hope some random person asks a question to give your post some new life. banning bumping outright is unfair and as it looks like on here from the sounds of the numerous complaints from frequent sellers who are all active members of the board uncalled for.

The mods will continue to do what they want witch is fair after all it is there forum but it would be nice for them to take into consideration the concerns of the people who use it
imported_Bubba is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #27
RCC Junior Contributor

I agree with what was mentioned above but at the same time, for me, I miss alot of for sale post (whether I buy or not is not a concern of anyone) the moment it was removed for the "New Posts" tab (amazingly this happened right after I read a "I'm tired of seeing all these for sale post...." reply on a thread some time back).

That being said, it's good that we can vent on this topic and at the same time rules are rules and we all know where we can go if we don't like them.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #28
RCC Junior Contributor

Oh and I love how some forums allow you to edit and some forums you can't like this one

I meant to say "I understand" and not "I agree" cause I don't agree 100% of the new for sale rules.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #29
RCC Contributor

I personally liked the ability to see the new ads listed in the New Posts. But alas, they are gone from there Dont want to read it ...... Dont click on it. Pretty simple process.

The bumping in the For sale section has gotten out of hand by a few specific posters but I wont name the ones I identify with here and I just ignore their ads all together.

I recently bought something through the sale section that I found on the third page....I used the search feature and there it was. Thanks Wes the XXX-T is now ready to roll! (oops that was a bump)

I think that a weekly bump should be allowed. If I want something from an ad, I dont put a post up saying PM sent. It serves no purpose other then to let others know your interested and bumps it TTT and showing others it's still available. The seller gets an email saying they have a PM just like they do if you respond to their ad thread so Why bother?

My 2 cents here is to ban the posters or delete the ads of people spamming the for sale section instead of taking it out on the 99.99% of the people who use it properly.
Team Losi Mini-T x2
Losi XXX-T Brushless
Tamiya 2 x M03s / DF-02 Rising Storm
HPI Savage X / 2 x MT2 SS
Traxxas E-Maxx Brushless / Slash
Blade MCX / CX / CP+
Proboat Shockwave 26
imported_cancruiser is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #30
RCC Pro Contributor

every board allows you to bump your for sale ad's but put a to limit on how many to once a day only if you don't want to read it then just don't click the link:GRIN:
c-low74 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.