Tekin is also planning to offer a 1/8 BL controller and motors... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Tekin is also planning to offer a 1/8 BL controller and motors...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Tekin Prez, "Tekin is also planning to offer a 1/8 BL controller and motors very soon. We just finished the pcb layouts and are headed to proto boards. We might slip out a concept drawing pretty soon. All the same great features as our 1/10 controller including a sensor plug and switchng BEC. We did go with a top heat sink and fan for extreme power ability.

We have already had success with our R1pro in 1/8 scale also. We have raced it competively with no fan in buggy and truggy with 4s lipo. Just shows how over beefed that controller really is. Not recomended, but you guys rarely pay attention to that anyway. With the kind of mods you are doing to the MM by adding fans it handles it easily......

We ran it at the Mapston race in Spokane last year in Buggy and Truggy. 75 in each class and plenty of pros at the show.

I qualified low in Truggy due to some breakage, but bumped from the D to the C to the B and ran as high as 5th before blowing out the front shock tower.

I made the very competitive C in Buggy and pulled off a 4th. I have very little 1/8 driving experience and just kept it on the wheels with my 1/10 smoother driving style.

No one had anything over us on speed and we only had one embarrasing issue when a motor wire broke loose and shorted to a battery post. Smoked everything including the servo and receiver.... bummer

It was a cold day and we got away with no fan in 15min and 25min mains. Mostly because the fans broke apart during the quals.

I have handed it to a good nitro driver that ran it like a raped ape for 12min on a warm day with moderate traction In Boise and it was about led 5 of 7 on the heat monitor.

Not sayin it is right for 1/8, but it can be made to work and it is the base design for the RX8 1/8 scale version.

There is a video on out website of some early testing in a Emaxx that is pretty crazy. Blew the emaxx drive up pretty quickly and the motor! We also have video of the Mapston race, but it was pretty dark and very smokey. My eyes looked like this!"
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.