Thanks - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #11
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Michael_Lambert View Post
Someone needs a Diaper Change!! I could use the practice my wife is due in Aug
did you just offer to change an adult diaper?

IMO if you go to an indoor nitro race you should expect fumes, last years race was the best indoor race I've been to as far as fumes, and from what I've heard this year was better than last so there should be no reason to cry about it, if it was too much for you then maybe you shouldn't go indoor nitro racing,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor

I would also like to say thankyou to every one that helped out. it was a fun time and every one i talked to had fun! thank you.
Willy Howells
Powerhouse RC Performance,Cold Fusion, Ultimate Racing,Hopcraft Air Brushing, CORE BMX AND SKATE, John Hobbies, HHH Racing, HB Graphics
willyhowells is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor

race weekend

Great job guys, track was great racing was tough, looking forward to the summer series and some really tough competition. Great to see Peter Head and his Dad back racing.

Thanks George s
imported_georgestilly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #14
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

this was a great event last year and even better this year, the smoke was much better this year and at least 10 times better than CRCRC in columbus ohio, i had to paint a practice body all orange as i could not even see my car in the middle of the straight last year at crcrc during the practice sessions, the crew did a great job running the event and things went very smooth, starting things on schedule in the mornings is the one thing i could see that could help next year

they tried very hard to keep everybody in check, penalties were handed out when they saw an infraction and they stated how they would do that during the drivers meeting, they can't watch all of the track all the time so they do what they can and i think they did a good job

too many infractions are let go up here at races compared to what i am used too at large events (roar nats,ifmar worlds,other big u.s. races) where penalties are firm and doled out diligently, racers down there know what can happen so they carefully abide by the rules, up here is a different story as most racers are pretty new to the sport and the event organisers have been very kind in looking the other way to keep people happy,i feel that matt,vic and crew are trying to change that and i applaud them for their efforts, i see sooooo much rough driving/lapper problems/pipe jumping/pit guys running on the track/friends marshalling cars etc etc that sometimes it makes my head spin, if you want to see how it should be done let myself,matt devries and george stiliadis be the judges at a race and watch how many penalties get handed out!

racing is still in its infancy up here guys, its growing fast and doing well, we just need to help out any way we can including following the rules and helping the event organisers make the event as good as it can be, i try to help them as much as possible and i also try to help fellow racers if i see them do something wrong, i will go and remind them what the rules are and what the consequences could be if the organisers see them the next time

once again the race was awesome, i had a great time and it appeared that almost everybody else did, it's a great kick off to nitro racing in this area for 2008 and i look forward to attending this event next year if they will let me try to defend my buggy/truggy titles again!
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor

One word...AWESOME!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to everybody who 'placed' and a special congratulation to both Dave Henry and Ben Wheeler. You two put on one HELL of a show.

Thanks Matt and Vic for once again putting on an amazing event. Everyone involved did a fantastic job, and things went amazingly smoothly. Thank you thank you thank you...

I am already looking forward to next year!!!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #16
RCC Junior Contributor

the weekend was awesome thanks Matt, Vino for the great race.
and a big thanks to nitro_racer for letting me drive his revo after i blew up my motor in mine and for pitting me and talking me through my monster truck b-main when i started late because of a bad glow plug and coming back from 2 laps down and tacking the the lead and losing it to get 2nd, and for talking to me during the monster truck a-main when i lost a wheel and getting me back out there to race.
he is the fastest pit man out there and the BEST. so thanks buddy
mugen mbx5-t prospec x2
wheely king rockcrawler
axial scorpion
revo 3.3 racer
Savage Axiol 28 3 speed(that has been 2 hell and back and wants more)
Rc18t Momba Comp X
micro mini-t
tamiya Mo3-M
tamiya TG-10
offroadjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #17
RCC Noob

Dave, your right, I know you know how tight I am on the rules, and for everyone's information, we have very few and very simple rules as Big Event R/C races go. Not sure if the local R/C masses are quite ready for "rule shock theropy" quite yet.

Jim Campbell
canadian_blast is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #18
RCC Senior Contributor

thanx for the great race again this year. matt and vino lets have a 3rd annual next year... mud in the parking lot was a bit of troubles but overall i got to try out my new buggy and truggy.. i had alot of fun..
imported_BLAZE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #19
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ashton P

I had amazing time! The track was amazing, i made some new friends, the event was well organized and i had a blast!

My rc8 was iffy on the quals. It was to crazy in the rear. I had talked to one of the drivers (agentxb and told me to try to change this and that on the rc8. I took his advice and added some touches to the setup. Stayed up till three in the morning to do the setup. When the main came up and i drove my rc8, it's was very good. the rear had calmed down big time it handled jumps and corners very nicely. I was doing good in my main catching up but, when i came into the pits, i ran out of fuel in the tank that instant. When my buddy tried to start her up my box crapped out.

I would like to thank offroadjr for pitting for me did an amazing job, a huge thanks to rcsquirt and his father and friend for the support,big thanks to rog at johns,nitro_racer and his father for support,rob,G-man for the support, and agentxb8 for helping me with my rc8 set-up's. THANK YOU ALL. I hope to get better and the only way for me to do that is practice practice practice!!!. Tekno

*Sorry i ment agent0075
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #20
RCC Junior Contributor

I had a great time, will be back next year for sure!!!!! It was cool to make it to the A main with my savage and I only wish I could have stayed to run the main, but my wife (5 mounths pregnant) needed me and I had to go...... Family first
Jammin x1-cr Factory Team

HPI Baja SS & Savage:GRIN:

Mini LST2

Action Hobbies in Brampton Rocks!
alfierc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.