Thanks - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #31
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by c-low74 View Post
i wish i was.... if you ever raced a dirt bike you could tell that the ruts were from dirt bike tires and i heard from a few guys that helped out that they left the layout and just filled the ruts in. they said they started working on it thrusday at 6pm and finished by 9pm that night. you can not fill in ruts and holes like that and not keep it watered cause it will just do what it did i really liked the layout but i was really surprized they decided to do it that way
Please put down the crack pipe!

The track build started first thing thurday morning, and was 80% finished by thursday night. I can assure you that the layout was built from scratch, and the ruts were not from dirt bike tires.

gmhouben is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #32
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Trev
# of RCs: 25

Thanks Matt And Vino and the rest of the Crew, i had a great weekend, i got to bump up 1 round and took home at 1st Place trophie in that main, and just when i thought it could'nt get any better, i won the door prize which was a cool rtr 1/16 nitro Monster Trunk. So thanks again guys cant wait for next years race!
Trevor Figueira
moptrf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #33
RCC Pro Contributor

Originally Posted by gmhouben View Post
Please put down the crack pipe!

The track build started first thing thurday morning, and was 80% finished by thursday night. I can assure you that the layout was built from scratch, and the ruts were not from dirt bike tires.

garth, i was talking to a few guys that road dirt bikes there a few days before the r/c race and stopped by to check out the r/c racing said that it was the same layout they just ran on minus the pipe and a few other small changes. plus i heard out of the mouth of 2 uys that were there helping since thrusday. so you better quit drinking that nitrotane cause not only is it bad for your motor but its also bad for your health
c-low74 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #34
RCC Expert Contributor

I think Gareth and Jim were actualy there helping, but I'm sure Chuck is probally right though he needs an excuse for being in the G main
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:28 AM   #35
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
personally i think the whole weekend was a great big letdown - Track Nazi wasnt nearly 1/10th as mean as last time. :P:P:P
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #36
John Bakker
I am: JB

Like Gareth said the MX track was leveled by a dozer .If we had a week to build...the track would not have blown out in sections.We did it in a day and a half with a hand full of guys.I think the track was perfect after all ,its off road racing.
Big shout out for the organizers and all who helped.
A super big shout out for Jim Cambell AKA Canadian blast ,AKA TRACK NAZI.You worked your off and kept everyone in check.I wish you were at all the races
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 AM   #37
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jeff F

Thanks for an awesome weekend everyone!! It was my first big race back in Canada and am I ever glad to see how much off road has grown in the 2 seasons I missed! This was by far one of the smoothest events I have been to, especially with this many people at it!

Fumes got a little rough at times but really not that bad considering the amount of people there and the fact that many motors were overly rich for one reason or another - like mine because I was still breaking them in

I thought that the track was a very VERY fun track to drive on, it got rough towards the end but as states above - it's offroad people!! LOL Really though the track held together quite well IMHO... I've seen stuff blow out was faster than that with less people on it even if there's been 2 weeks spent building it... this layout was fun and fast, while still being tecnhincal enough for seasoned people to enjoy and easy enough for new people to be able to drive it. Huge HUGE props to the designers and definitely to the builders!!

I can't wait for next years race!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking forward to waiting through the winter though.... lol

Originally Posted by Ziggy355 View Post
Bro are you was junk bro....the nitro fumes were crazy and you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you at times...and they wouldn't even open any doors when I asked them to...the whole weekend was crap..especially when we got bailed on...NOT COOL opinion...

Quick note on this comment.... Actually no.. I'm not even going to comment...
The Revolution is Coming...
Currently Racing:
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #38
RCC Expert Contributor

Chuck Chuck you silly f%$k, you are so far miss informed it hurts , the track was built from scratch just like last year and just like next year will be. After the Bmain 4wd bugggy guys were done racing they came over to check into marshell and i asked them if the surface was working for them and they said no problems at all , if you in your 8 scale was having trouble with the surface please come and see me i will help you with set up .

I would like to take this time to thank the guys that spent the extra 18 to 20 hours at the track this weekend helping put this track together for the rest of the racers to enjoy , you guys did a great job and hats off to you guys. Also like to thank all the other track owners that helped out to do this event , it just shows you what can be done when the track owners work side by side . So hats off to Jim at Great Canadain hobbies and his crew for the track help and keeping us in parts all weekend, Jason and brian from FTR for all the support and help this year again couldnt do it with out you,. Brian and DRew and Inman from Glenwood R/c you guys are top shelf and thanks for giving me a chance to catch my breath throughout the weekend.

A Big thank to all the racers for coming out to the biggest race of the year and making this race such a Great event , Guys like you make this hobby great and thats why it is growing so rapidly.

Niagara R/C Offroad
Niagara R/C Indoor (carpet)
Niagara R/C Indoor Offroad
Niagara R/C Hobbies
matt2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #39
RCC Pro Contributor

bob, i was running and testing the new TQ fuel car and got it dialed in on the last qual. and had a great run going that would have put me in a solid B spot...till i ran out of fuel after 4 laps cause my pit guy never filled me up before the start of the qual.

matt, i guess all the guys that told me other wise were wrong then and setup wasn't a problem buddy... all my cars were dialed by the mains. just the amount of dust and dirt flying around in there this year was worse then any other indoor or outdoor track i ever seen or been too. my eyes and lungs feel like i dumped a bucket of sand in them
c-low74 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #40
RCC Contributor

I would also like to thank everyone that came out to help us build and the voulenteers that ran the races . Jim Cambell AKA "Track Nazi" you are a huge asset to this event . I would also like to thank all of the racers for their co-operation , this year went over much smoother than last year . As far as the track goes , this year they had trucked in around 50 loads of new clay that was much much dryer than last years clay . The track was built from ground up on Thursday (great job track builders ) The track was much dustier than last year but it made it interesting to see all of the different tire combinations that everyone was using . Thanks again to everyone that came out to help and everyone that came to race .
imported_vino1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.